» »

Does £12,000 H2B limit include interest?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Does £12,000 H2B limit include interest?

2 replies 41 views
Hello MSE-ers,
I have a Halifax H2B ISA (opened way back when first on offer) and its balance is almost at £12k. The rules state that to get the max govt £3000 bonus you need to save £12,000.

My question is, does the maximum of £12k include any interest it has earned, or does it have to be only money that I have deposited (and therefore the balance will be over £12k including interest)?
Thanks so much in advance :-)

Replies

• eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    13K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clause 7.4(B) of the scheme rules actually states that:
    A Help to Buy: ISA Holder shall be entitled to a Bonus, in respect of their closed Help to Buy: ISA, of 25% of the Closing Balance of that Help to Buy: ISA,  
    and goes on to clarify:
    a maximum Bonus of £3,000 (meaning that the amount by which the Closing Balance of a Help to Buy: ISA exceeds £12,000 shall not be eligible for a Bonus)
    so it's the balance (i.e. including interest) rather than the total of deposits that's measured.
  • Thank you so much :-D