Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Online Entries For Licensed NFP Raffle

Options
Hi,
I run a local Facebook group and have offered assistance to a local not for profit organization with marketing and sales.  They currently are allowed to run a monthly raffle with no more than 500 entries.  50% cash prizes and 50% used by the NFP Org.  They currently run it as monthly £4 DD or annual £48 subscription paid by bank transfer.  I'm looking into the possibility of allowing people to enter as a 1 off for £4 but want an easy method for donating the fee to the orgs. bank account.  Something that will provide easy accountability and identification of entrants.  I thought Paypal would be the obvious route but don't know if this is feasible?  Any ideas welcomed, I would love to take the current 250ish entrants to the maximum 500 with the help from my local community group but think it needs streamlining from its current format.

Cheers

Comments

• cottlad
    cottlad Posts: 93 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been slowly looking into this.  Am wondering if an online shop may be the best way forward?  Shop is stocked with 500 items (tickets) per month and customers can come and buy as many as they like until 500 sold.  Would obviously be hosting costs and payment costs but doubt this would be close to the 10% online raffle hosting companies require.
    Any other ideas or comments welcomed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport