Forum Home» Charities

Online Entries For Licensed NFP Raffle

New Post Advanced Search

Charities Board

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team, with limited resources, but we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

At this time, please note the Charities Board should only be used by registered charities and not include personal posts. I’m afraid we will have to delete any posts that aren’t from a registered charity. If you are facing personal financial difficulties at the moment, please use MSE’s coronavirus guides – they contain all the info we have and are constantly being updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

Online Entries For Licensed NFP Raffle

1 reply 33 views
cottladcottlad Forumite
93 posts
Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
Hi,
I run a local Facebook group and have offered assistance to a local not for profit organization with marketing and sales.  They currently are allowed to run a monthly raffle with no more than 500 entries.  50% cash prizes and 50% used by the NFP Org.  They currently run it as monthly £4 DD or annual £48 subscription paid by bank transfer.  I'm looking into the possibility of allowing people to enter as a 1 off for £4 but want an easy method for donating the fee to the orgs. bank account.  Something that will provide easy accountability and identification of entrants.  I thought Paypal would be the obvious route but don't know if this is feasible?  Any ideas welcomed, I would love to take the current 250ish entrants to the maximum 500 with the help from my local community group but think it needs streamlining from its current format.

Cheers

Replies

• cottladcottlad Forumite
    93 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Been slowly looking into this.  Am wondering if an online shop may be the best way forward?  Shop is stocked with 500 items (tickets) per month and customers can come and buy as many as they like until 500 sold.  Would obviously be hosting costs and payment costs but doubt this would be close to the 10% online raffle hosting companies require.
    Any other ideas or comments welcomed