Getting the job done......

Options

Comments

• Timpanum
    Options
    Afternoon all,
    I've an opportunity to earn a little extra pocket money tomorrow by helping a friend out with a job. It'll be £30 for a couple of hours work so that'll be good. Not sure what I'll budget it too yet on my YNAB app. At the moment it could go against the credit card and knock that down to sub £1900 or I might add it to the Car Finance as I've not yet covered this months planned spending.
    Decisions decisions!!!
    Have a good day everyone - don't get too wet in all this rain!
    Timps 
    CAR LOANS:
    £5,000/£5,400 0% cleared - Credit Card at 0%:T
    £8,875/£0 100% cleared on 10-03-2020
    MORTGAGE:
    £96,000/£68,654 28.48% cleared MFD: 05/2042

March Grocery Challenge £100 - £190.61 spent so far - Covid19 prep!!
  • Timpanum
    Options
    Hello all,
    The work I did on Saturday turned out to be £40 not £30 so that was nice.
    YNAB News:
    I'm ending February in quite a comfortable position having watched a few YNAB videos and re-organised my spending categories a bit to more easily see how much I'm spending on various things - household, car, entertainment etc. I've only got £25.77 left in my groceries category and my friend is coming for dinner tomorrow so I may need to raid diesel, but thats Ok as I still have half a tank left so won't need to fill up until at Monday at least, when I'll have had another paycheck. I've managed to fund all my goals this month which I never thought I'd be able to do so I'm please with that. I've overpaid on my credit card repayments by about £60 so I'm feeling good about that too.
    Starting March really confidently.
    In myself, my mood has been really low recently. I don't do well when the sun isn't shining but today I've actually got washing drying on the line (saving on tumble dryer) but also that lovely fresh smell of line-dried bedding. Can't wait to fall into bed this evening.
    Timps
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• Timpanum
    Timpanum Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy St David's Day!!
    Starting March feeling confident about the next 31 days.
    Major goal is to limit my Grocery spend to £100, so it's time to live out of the freezer I think. There's loads of fish and meat in there, usually bought when the whoops stickers had been spotted in Mozzers, so I should be able to manage £100, just on fruit, veg, salad, milk etc. We'll see how I get on.
    Wish me luck!!
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck in your quest, you seem to be focused which is good. We went down the consolidation route, its not one I would recommend to everyone. I made the decision to over pay, so what ever money we had at the end of the month went to that. it took me 2 1/2 years to repay a 4 year loan. The only problem I have now is not looking at the cheapest things all the while. We paid for 2 funerals and also 2 powers of Attorney last year, I am just trying to build up a decent emergency fund in the same way as I paid off the loan, any spare money at the end of the month goes into a savings account. I use my credit card each month for expensive buys and pay it off in full, I know if I time it right I can get 6 weeks to pay it off. I use an old microsoft money app, I can forecast 3 months ahead what our financial situation is going to be. I also have a savings account for car insurance etc I pay £100 a month into that so when the bills come in I can pay in full.
    Good luck on your journey, I will click to follow and see how you get on.
  • JayRitchie
    JayRitchie Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Your mortgage rate seems high? Have you looked into remortgaging or whether you can reduce your LTV to a place where you get a far better rate?
  • Timpanum
    Options
    Your mortgage rate seems high? Have you looked into remortgaging or whether you can reduce your LTV to a place where you get a far better rate?
    Thanks for your post JayRitchie.
    Yes this has been a goal for a while. The first hurdle was the LTV issue so I overpaid for a while and I think I've got that licked now. Then the credit card debt was the next issue that was getting in the way. The banks said I couldn't afford the mortgage I had which was a laugh as I'd been overpaying it by £200 a month for ages!! 
    It's a goal for this year to get remortgaged at a much lower rate. 
    Timps

CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• Timpanum
    Options
    Good luck in your quest, you seem to be focused which is good. 
    Good luck on your journey, I will click to follow and see how you get on.
    Thanks for posting Deleted_User and sharing your story a bit. I wish you all the luck in the world going forward.
    Timps 
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• Timpanum
    Options
    Hello all,
    A lovely day spent today with mum and sister who came to visit. Mum took us both out for lunch so it was a spend free day for me. Then they both bought a few items off me that I have in stock from when I was in Network marketing as a side hustle, so I ended the afternoon £27 up! I have added that to YNAB and allocated it to the "Stuff I forgot to budget for category" until I find a better use for it. My sister was intrigued by YNAB and said she's fancy using it herself so I sent her a referral link. If she signs up, I'll get a free month of budgeting! Worth about £3 hahahaha
    Yesterday was the day I decided I needed to stop being self employed and get a job. I have done an application to work on the railway. I'm disillusioned and sad with my current role as it is no longer fulfilling and making me ill with worry and malaise. I feel so much better now I've actually taken action. I passed the online assessment so we'll see if I get an interview......,
    Timps
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• Timpanum
    edited 6 March 2020 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Afternoon,
    No news on the interview yet but it was only a 2nd March closing date so I imagine they're still sifting through. Still hoping I get a bite of the cherry.
    In grocery news I have just been to Mozzers I'm taking full advantage of their special offers today having picked up many tins of chopped tomatoes at 4 cans for £1 and 4 tins of red kidney beans for £1. For almost a year now their own brand baked beans have been £1 for 4 cans as well so I have only spent £13.93 today and managed to buy a good amount of food - all added to my larder!!! 
    We are 6 days (20% ish) into March and I've only spent £18.04 (18%) of my £100 grocery budget.
    Sat on the back door step with a brew, obtaining some free Vitamin D!!!
    Have a good day all.
    Timps
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

• Timpanum
    edited 7 March 2020 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Morning!
    Well 2020 Chapter 3 (March) is going well and I'm very much feeling like I'm on track with things. I'm proud that I have recorded every penny spent this week and it's thrown up a couple of places where I waste money badly - fizzy pop being the obvious one. I'm ALWAYS swayed by the 2 bottles for £2 "deal" and then drink 2 bottles when one would have done and only been £1.50 - need to stop this malarkey!!
    Grocery budget has gone over 24% and its only 7th so need to pull that back a bit. Not had any takeaways this week though and done more in the gym so my health goals are being addressed more fruitfully that of late.
    Laundry is done but getting it dry on the line today may be above and beyond my capabilities - should have done it yesterday in the glorious sunshine - it's unglorious clouds today. And cold!!
    Not sure if anyone is even reading my diary - but it's helping me.
    Timps
    CAR LOANS:
    MORTGAGE:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure