Thomas Cook's prepaid cards to close in April – MSE News

Thomas Cook's range of prepaid currency cards will be closing in April, Mastercard has announced – if you've got one, check if you've any money on it to cash out before the closure...
Read the full story:
'Thomas Cook's prepaid cards to close in April – check if you've got any remaining balance to cash out'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• So glad I spotted this - my husband and I both have cards and had no idea about the change in April!  Fortunately we have a break booked in March so will be sure to spend the balance on each card the !  Any recommendations of a good alternative prepaid card?
  • blackknight72blackknight72 Forumite
    1 Post
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Why did they not offer to transfer balances to a new card. I have €532 but they will only give me £437. Only enough to buy back €490.  I know how currency works but the letter (dated 13 Feb,arrived 6 March with a 6 April use by deadline!!!) says there will not be a cashout fee. Laughable since i am losing over €40. My card has over 2 years on the expiry date so I consider since they are changing the terms not me that I should not lose out.  Feels like I have been mugged for my holiday money.
  • edited 11 March 2020 at 7:32AM
    eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 March 2020 at 7:32AM
    I know how currency works .
    Sorry but if that were true you would be keeping your money in pounds in the bank with conversion by fee-free card at the time of transactions. Even using your regular bank card with fees would be cheaper than using such prepaid currency cards.
    Evolution, not revolution
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion