Aqua Reward Card: Gone for good???????

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Aqua may be rejiggering its offerings.

However, the Aqua Reward [STRIKE]offers[/STRIKE] offered higher cashback then most cards on the market. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it.

They are probably losing money on customers, such as myself, who pay their statement balance in full every month.
  • tripled
    tripled Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hold an Aqua Reward for the cashback and no fees overseas spending, which I pay in full every month. Over the last few months they've reduced my credit limit and increased my interest rate. Although it hasn't really affected me, possibly it ties in to Aqua doing a wider review of the card.

I'd concur with SnowTiger that with it having a market leading cashback rate, Aqua Reward may have been attracting too any of the "wrong type of customer", as the business seems to be aimed more towards customers with poor/no credit history.
  • penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Probably getting a lot of disgruntled Tandem customers signing up due to the similarity in product.
  • scragend
    scragend Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I opened an Aqua Rewards card a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I've been lucky then! Makes a change :)
  • scragend wrote: »
    I opened an Aqua Rewards card a couple of weeks ago. Looks like I've been lucky then! Makes a change :)
    If it's gone they will cancel it for all. just wait and see.

So that leaves basically no cash reward visa/ mastercards now for UK peeps?? Sigh.... well hurray for the intercap rate limit. Just like everything meant to help the consumer ends up hurting people by pandering to the lowest common denominator. See if people could just look after their money and themselves then maybe we could have nice things again. But no. those who can't look after their own finnances drag everyone down.
  • Didn't Aqua remove the Aqua Reward card after the European commission introduced the Interchange Fee Regulation back in 2016 (approx.)? They then bought it back with a reduced reward percentage. Maybe there are re-assessing whether they are earning enough from the reward eligible transactions. Maybe it will come back again...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Just because they are no longer offering it to new customers does not guarantee that it will be dropped completely.

I have a Barclaycard with 0.5% cashback and I am fairly sure it has not been available for some time. It is now a Visa but was previously an Amex and MasterCard combo and sometime before that was an Egg card. Probably lots of people on this forum have it.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have this card and iv'e just received an email stating refer a friend for £25 for this card.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    stehouk wrote: »
    I have this card and iv'e just received an email stating refer a friend for £25 for this card.
    The refer a friend offer is for a different card (no cashback). I also received this when I recently applied for the Reward card.
  • IvanDP
    IvanDP Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Just got ours in time too.
    Personally, not overly bothered if they do drop the cashback
    (Only use it for small amounts)
    But do hope they keep the fee free overseas spending, as that is where the real value lies for me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback