Facing reality

Options

Comments

• Parkyp
    Parkyp Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice to see you back. I’m looking for a new job as well , been with company for 17 years finding it really hard just to find something that pays the same wage most are about £4k less which I might have considered just to break free and start a fresh and not have the dread of going to work in there everyday. But with the cost of living and looking to be debt free n few years I really don’t know if I could survive. 
    I did have one interview that I totally flunked because I struggle with talking about myself and being put on the spot 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Nice that your flat mate is still around. Take care
  • Sarahwithlove
    Sarahwithlove Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    Options
    I am alright, glad to see you back posting. Sounds like you have a some what difficult time at the moment with what’s on your plate. If you find a better job with better pay I would go for it if you’re not happy at the moment. 
    Thank you it has been a difficult few months. But hopefully I can start to get myself back on it and posting on here again will certainly help with that.

mark55man said:
    welcome back, as you look around the diaries you will see a lot of people (myself included) have not quite readjusted post lockdown and post inflation at the moment.  but you can only do the best you can - and leaving a toxic job is a good start.  even if you move for the same salary the mental improvement will be worth it, and may prevent some expenditure
    That's what I am thinking so looking for anything that is similiar or slightly more if it requires travel to an office for example. There are jobs out there just have to keep persevering and hopefully with practice I will get better at the applications and the interview process. I hope you are keeping well and I will no doubt catch up on your diary soon.

Good to see you posting again 😊
    Thank you it's good to be back and I hope you are keeping well. 

*Dad loan - £5300 - £1700
    *Virgin Credit Card - £3552.50 - £0
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

*Sinking Fund - £2000/£3000*
    *Emergency Fund -£50/£2000

*Debt Repayments Pot - £0/0*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    Parkyp said:
    Nice to see you back. I’m looking for a new job as well , been with company for 17 years finding it really hard just to find something that pays the same wage most are about £4k less which I might have considered just to break free and start a fresh and not have the dread of going to work in there everyday. But with the cost of living and looking to be debt free n few years I really don’t know if I could survive. 
    I did have one interview that I totally flunked because I struggle with talking about myself and being put on the spot 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Nice that your flat mate is still around. Take care
    It is hard at the moment as seems everyone is looking. But can't help but notice that my LA I work for pays the least locally. I have the chance to do overtime at the weekends which would help financially but have no motivation for the job at the moment so don't feel slightest bit inclined. I haven't done an interview or applied for a job for 8 years so it's a massive learning curve for me at the moment. Hopefully practice will make it easier for us both. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

New diary- https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6474943/the-three-cs-coffee-clothes-credit-cards/
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    Monday is here again and the weekend feels miles away again. Debating whether I have the energy to do some over time at the weekend. Part of me is like the extra cash will be good but I think the mental break from work is more important. I'm also thinking I should take my laptop to a coffee shop or something to make me apply for new jobs. At home I allow myself to get distracted.

Popped to tesco today for a few bits for lunch to only get home and discover my bagels are moldy so will have to go again tomorrow. Its a nice little walk actually. Just have to try and make sure I only get what I went in for. Though I always check the yellow sticker section. I also went to the convenience store for some junk food and spent £3. Not good for the budget or for my waistline. Have updated my spreadsheet with today's purchases. So glad only have 10 days left of the month and not a massive amount planned. Need to get some more jobs done round flat and apply for more jobs and get back into walking.

Plan for tomorrow is either to go to tesco before work or on lunch break. Ideally before work. Then after work it's do an inventory of kitchen cupboards and fridge/freezer. I want to try and 'shop' from them for next few weeks so can start afresh in July by planning my meals. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with the walking - I do it best when I get into a routine, but the last few months have been far from routine so I'm struggling.  But walking to the shops is always good if only because it limits what you buy :smile:

I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    mark55man said:
    Good luck with the walking - I do it best when I get into a routine, but the last few months have been far from routine so I'm struggling.  But walking to the shops is always good if only because it limits what you buy :smile:

Yes that's very true. Also saves on petrol. I used to go to the gym and walk down the beach but now have cancelled my membership as was spending too much on petrol to get there. Looked at a more local one that is only £6 a month more but has a £25 admin fee and when weather is nice I just don't get enough use out of it. I do need to go back to walking down the beach but again it's petrol to get there. This weekend I am going to look at my bike and see what needs to be done to make it rideable. Then I could cycle to the beach as only 5 min drive in car. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 1,762 Forumite
    Options
    I hope the bike doesn't need too much doing to it. Walking along the beach sounds lovely after a naff week in work. 
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 15.5k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • Sarahwithlove
    Options
    I hope the bike doesn't need too much doing to it. Walking along the beach sounds lovely after a naff week in work. 
    Thanks the tyres are flat so going to pump them up this evening and see if they go flat again.

Have got friends round today for a bbq and then we will go for a walk down beach and an ice cream.

Running low on funds now as almost at end of month. Though my housemate does owe me £12.95 but she's away for the weekend. Alright for some isn't it. Done my main food shop it will just likely be milk later in week. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• Sarahwithlove
    Options
    So I keep spending money that I really shouldn't. Luckily my dad gave me his air fryer to sell and said I could keep the money so that was an extra £30 to help me to get through until Friday. I have made a menu plan based on what I have in flat already so should only be a couple bits for bulking out Lasagne I'm going to make this week needed before then. That can come out the cash I got from the Air fryer. I want to run down the freezer and cupboards and use up odd bits so that can start afresh with menu planning properly. 

I didn't get round to fixing the bike. Will have to be this weekend. Though again not sure if I will have time. Off to football on Sunday just a pre season friendly and Saturday might be going into town with my sister in law to get birthday present ideas for my nephew and her. She only gets a small £10 token gift. Limiting myself to no more than £35 for my nephew and that will come out of my present fund.

So my chiropractor review is next week which means paying out for that again which is £456 for my next batch which will last me 24 weeks. I don't have the money saved so going to have to go on my card which is still 0% on purchases until March. I have started a new space in starling for me to save towards each month. I'm hoping after this next batch I can go to 3 weekly and that will make them last longer. It does really help with my headaches so don't want to give it up. But I impulse purchased 6 months online health coach support which runs out in October and is the cause of my debt on credit card mostly. This I won't be renewing as I can't justify it to myself. Hopefully by October when it runs out I will be in better place to keep going on my own.

July I have cut my budget a bit in terms of food shop and spending money. It's got out of hand and I need to start making smarter choices and having a budget will force me to do that. I have also given up buying Pepsi max regularly and now if want it I make myself go to shop and use spending money on it. That was easily costing me £10 a week from food shopping. Now I just need to cut back on my coffee pods. Whilst purchasing a pack of pods is same price as buying a coffee from coffee shop I still have far too many. Going to limit myself to 2 a day from pod machine and make it up in a flask and double up on usage. So 4 coffees from 2 pods ha! See how it goes. 
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

• Sarahwithlove
    Options
    Happy July. Beginning of the month is always the most expensive. But majority of DDs are gone out now and had a rejig of the budget and some pots to put together the money for my chiropractor fees today. Also get 1% cash back if pay using my ch@se card so be worth £4.56 so going to do that.

Had my interview for job yesterday, will find out by end of week whether or not I have got the job. Was very hard but good experience for me regardless as 1st one in 8 years.

Been having a move around with my finances and planning ahead for the rest of the year. Hoping I will have a new job by then that will help me bridge the gap when my lodger eventually moves out.
    *Barclaycard - £0

*Total debt - £1700*

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback