»

Motorhome left parked on road - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Motorhome left parked on road

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
75 replies 3.4K views
1234568»

Replies

• debtdebtdebtdebt Forumite
    949 posts
    Scrapit wrote: »
    The worst kind of person

Yep, students truly are the scum of the earth.
  • Skiddaw1Skiddaw1 Forumite
    828 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    AdrianC wrote: »
    How did those park users get resident permits?

The 'park' side of the road was permit parking or 2 hours maximum stay (with no non-permit parking between midnight and 6.00am). There was also a free car park in the park itself (adjacent to a sports stadium) so people using the park for events/longer periods could park for longer than 2 hours without having to pay. The on-street parking was mainly used by dog walkers, families taking children to the play area/cafe, etc (there was also a church and a mosque/community centre adjacent to the park, served by the same road).

The other side of the road was resident permits only. Residents were entitled to one permit (and a book of visitors permits) free of charge but could pay for additional permits.

As I say, it actually worked pretty well. Much better than the previous free-for-all.
  • YimkinYimkin Forumite
    10 posts
    So it was ok for her to vandalise my car?!
  • Skiddaw1Skiddaw1 Forumite
    828 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Yimkin wrote: »
    So it was ok for her to vandalise my car?!

I think they were being tongue-in-cheek Yimkin....:)

No- of course it wasn't OK. People do get weird about parking without a doubt (it seems to be one of those things that get Brits proper worked up like not understanding queuing etiquette) plus sounds like you had the misfortune to live near the local nutter.

Does remind me a bit, though, of the time one of the students who had lived next door to us the previous academic year called round, months after she'd graduated and moved on, to ask if we'd happened to have seen her car anywhere. Bless her- she was pretty sure she'd left it parked in the road somewhere but there was no sign of it. I think someone had probably long since stripped it down and had away with it.
  • AdrianCAdrianC Forumite
    29.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skiddaw1 wrote: »
    People do get weird about parking without a doubt
    Just look at this whole thread...