We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nightclub Photo Id

Unkdb
Unkdb Posts: 7 Forumite
Seventh Anniversary
edited 24 January 2020 at 10:15PM in Going out deals
Post deleted

Comments

  • Unkdb wrote: »
    Do I have a leg to stand on?
    Not if you're going out getting slozzled!
  • Unkdb wrote: »
    A little off topic for MSE but trying here anyway.

    I am a 50-something that occasionally gets mistaken for a senior.

    However, I have been refused entry to a late opening pub in Bognor Regis because I cannot provide photo Id.

    There is an article on the Telegraph website that advises youngsters against using their passport, and I don’t drive ( so don’t have a driving license).

    My understanding is that licensed premises can deny admission to anyone and don’t have to give a reason. But I don’t understand why a tanked up teen can get in whilst their sober grandad can’t.

    Do I have a leg to stand on?


    And there's your answer.


    Move on.
    Things that are different: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid


  • Contact your local newspaper, or maybe even the national press. They love this sort of idiotic stuff. It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'. The (totally thick and stupid) landlord insisted that a one-year-old have his bonnet removed while he was sitting in his pushchair. I guess the average IQ of door staff is not very high.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Do "Prove It" cards still exist?

    Or can you get hold of a karate licence?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,652 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    OP so what advice did you want ?
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I suspect that the pub wants do appeal to the younger market and doesn’t want an over 50 year old person in there bringing the scene down.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 18,869 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'.


    Or the pub that insisted on no leather jackets. All well and good until one hot summer day, a gut turns up in a one piece leather. Gets told to take it off, so he does. Stands at the bar stark naked asking for a beer. :eek:
    Any language construct that forces such insanity in this case should be abandoned without regrets. –
    Erik Aronesty, 2014

    Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.