New Post Advanced Search
We are aware of problems with Forum search at present and are looking to resolve them as soon as possible [Last update 22/10 - 18:46 GMT]
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Nightclub Photo Id

edited 24 January at 10:15PM in Going Out Deals
7 replies 711 views
UnkdbUnkdb Forumite
5 posts
edited 24 January at 10:15PM in Going Out Deals
Post deleted

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unkdb wrote: »
    Do I have a leg to stand on?
    Not if you're going out getting slozzled!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • oldernonethewiseroldernonethewiser Forumite
    703 posts
    500 Posts Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Unkdb wrote: »
    A little off topic for MSE but trying here anyway.

I am a 50-something that occasionally gets mistaken for a senior.

However, I have been refused entry to a late opening pub in Bognor Regis because I cannot provide photo Id.

There is an article on the Telegraph website that advises youngsters against using their passport, and I don’t drive ( so don’t have a driving license).

My understanding is that licensed premises can deny admission to anyone and don’t have to give a reason. But I don’t understand why a tanked up teen can get in whilst their sober grandad can’t.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

And there's your answer.

Move on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Contact your local newspaper, or maybe even the national press. They love this sort of idiotic stuff. It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'. The (totally thick and stupid) landlord insisted that a one-year-old have his bonnet removed while he was sitting in his pushchair. I guess the average IQ of door staff is not very high.
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    746 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Do "Prove It" cards still exist?

Or can you get hold of a karate licence?
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP so what advice did you want ?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JReacher1JReacher1 Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the pub wants do appeal to the younger market and doesn’t want an over 50 year old person in there bringing the scene down.
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'.

Or the pub that insisted on no leather jackets. All well and good until one hot summer day, a gut turns up in a one piece leather. Gets told to take it off, so he does. Stands at the bar stark naked asking for a beer. :eek:
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.