New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Nightclub Photo Id

edited 24 January at 9:15PM in Going Out Deals
7 replies 653 views
UnkdbUnkdb
5 posts
Forumite
1 year anniversary Disabled First post on the forum Disabled
edited 24 January at 9:15PM in Going Out Deals
Post deleted

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth
    6.8K posts
    Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Posts Photogenic 7 year anniversary Disabled
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unkdb wrote: »
    Do I have a leg to stand on?
    Not if you're going out getting slozzled!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • oldernonethewiseroldernonethewiser
    696 posts
    Forumite
    500 Posts on the Forum 1 year anniversary Disabled 100 Posts on the Forum 10 Posts on the forum
    ✭✭
    Unkdb wrote: »
    A little off topic for MSE but trying here anyway.

I am a 50-something that occasionally gets mistaken for a senior.

However, I have been refused entry to a late opening pub in Bognor Regis because I cannot provide photo Id.

There is an article on the Telegraph website that advises youngsters against using their passport, and I don’t drive ( so don’t have a driving license).

My understanding is that licensed premises can deny admission to anyone and don’t have to give a reason. But I don’t understand why a tanked up teen can get in whilst their sober grandad can’t.

Do I have a leg to stand on?

And there's your answer.

Move on.
  • johnsmith1890johnsmith1890
    695 posts
    Forumite
    1 year anniversary Disabled 500 Posts on the Forum 100 Posts on the Forum 10 Posts on the forum
    ✭✭
    Contact your local newspaper, or maybe even the national press. They love this sort of idiotic stuff. It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'. The (totally thick and stupid) landlord insisted that a one-year-old have his bonnet removed while he was sitting in his pushchair. I guess the average IQ of door staff is not very high.
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977
    522 posts
    Forumite
    500 Posts 2 year anniversary Disabled 500 Posts on the Forum 100 Posts on the Forum
    ✭✭
    Do "Prove It" cards still exist?

Or can you get hold of a karate licence?
  • DCFC79DCFC79
    37.8K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 25000 Posts Name Dropper 6 year anniversary Disabled
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP so what advice did you want ?
  • JReacher1JReacher1
    3.4K posts
    Forumite
    2500 Posts Sixth Anniversary 6 year anniversary Disabled 5 year MSEversary! Disabled
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the pub wants do appeal to the younger market and doesn’t want an over 50 year old person in there bringing the scene down.
  • FreeBearFreeBear
    3.8K posts
    Forumite
    2500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me of the case a while ago where a pub had a 'no hats rule'.

Or the pub that insisted on no leather jackets. All well and good until one hot summer day, a gut turns up in a one piece leather. Gets told to take it off, so he does. Stands at the bar stark naked asking for a beer. :eek:
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.