PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th January 2020

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Before going out for first meeting I sorted out my make up. Only discovered recently that make up has dates on. Some was from 2008. Threw lots away and cleaned brushes. Yuck. No wonder that I have such a spotty face at the moment.

No more flying today. Going to chill before next meeting tonight. There will be a buffet so I'm trying not to eat any more crumblies but my mouth is watering just at the thought of them.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doogie walked
    I’m still in the kitchen but 2 more of the bottom cupboards have been emptied, cleaned, dejunked and the stuff put back. Surprisingly DH didn’t challenge it and decluttered it all from the kitchen!
    He bought a new pan on his trip out “as it was a bargain”. So I now have to sort the pan cupboard.
    DH is trying to arrange delivery of our new to us sofa next week.
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lots of flying going on everyone, I can't live up to you all.
    Yesterday- caught up with emails, went to gym, had drumming lesson, went to Mr T. Started a report in the new format. Makes my brain hurt.
    Today - went to zumba, fed birds, did a bit of pruning, hung out two loads of washing, continued with report. Now kitchen floor is down, next step is for a granite man to re-fit the bit of worktop which has shifted, Mr N currently taking photos to send him.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Well hello sexymouse...wife and mummy now? wow

Yes - I think I may have been flying as the wife in the early days before Bean came along, but have only dipped my toe in and out a couple of times since. Eldest Bean is 7, and youngest (rainbow baby as we lost a little girl in between) is 3 in a few weeks.

For some reason I didn't get any notifications of this thread today so apologies for the lack of thank yous for welcoming me back. :hello:

We've been having our road dug up for the past couple of weeks by the water board who are installing new pipes. Today the water was turned off for the majority of the day, so I escaped the house to go to a toddler group with unlimited hot drinks, and the ability to wash my hands after nappy changes. :o Then food shopping. Very little flying done, but will try to make up for it tomorrow.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • kazmeister
    kazmeister Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So pan cupboard didn’t get done as cooking dinner got in the way.

What I have done from the list is here, if it’s not there I still have to do it (celebrating achievements)

Manic Monday Kitchen/Dining Room
    Level 1

Clear sides and wipe down - wipe small appliances
    Replace what lives there, wiping as you go
    Empty bin - DH did the recycling one
    Wipe sill,
    Throw away your manky dish cloth or sponge and replace with a new one!
    Level 2
    Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan
    Wash out shelves and baskets.
    Level 3
    Pick a cupboard or a drawer; empty it, clean it out and put back its contents tidily - oh yes!
    Sweep floor
    EXTRAS
    HHI

Tuesday Thrills - Brighten that bathroom
    Plan some me-time - coffee with friends; an appointment for your nails or hair - going to see DD tomorrow
    Mortgage, we're getting there with the end in sight £6587 07/23, otherwise free of the debt thanks to MSE help!
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 January 2020 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I forgot to post yesterday, better late than never, just caught up with the thread, you've all been very busy and the crumblies sound lovely :)

Level 1

[STRIKE]Clear sides and wipe down - wipe small appliances
    Replace what lives there, wiping as you go
    Wipe sill, sockets, door handles and switches
    Clear and clean sink and accessories - don't forget those out-of-sight places - under plugs and under draining racks[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts, not forgetting handles and tops and bottom as well as fronts!
    Clean hob[/STRIKE]

Level 1

[STRIKE]Flush the loo and squirt something down it to start the cleaning process
    Clean windows and mirrors[/STRIKE]

Level 2
    [STRIKE]Polish the taps
    Slug of bleach down the drain
    Scrub the loo inside and out - and bleach it
    Thoroughly clean bath taps and plugs - especially hair traps[/STRIKE]

Level 3
    [STRIKE]Scrub the sink
    Polish the taps
    Dust sill
    Polish mirrors[/STRIKE]

Extras
    [STRIKE]HHI
    S&S kitchen
    Plan some me-time - coffee with friends; an appointment for your nails or hair - you get the picture[/STRIKE] Had 2 fun filled hours at Knit & Natter this afternoon

ETA: Just reading the main post and done this:
    Frog (or other amphibian) ~ google 'eat that frog'
    Spoons ~ google 'but you don't look sick' and/or 'The Spoon Theory'.
    Everything makes much more sense now in regards to spoons and frogs :o
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening all :wave: My goodness, everyone is keen! (except me :o)

Not a lot of flying done so far this week. Today I have
    - sorted some payments
    - cooked a nice meal in the SC
    - visited the residents in one of our local care homes and had a very interesting and humorous conversation with one old lady about her time working as an admin assistant in the local police station :D
    - sorted DH out: his horse piddle procedure booked for tomorrow has been cancelled by the consultant because DH didn't stop taking his anti-coagulant soon enough, but he now has a new appointment on Monday 3rd Feb. Unfortunately he is going away overnight on 31/1st, which makes following the strict diet difficult. Fortunately it is to the lovely place where I was last weekend, where they bend over backwards to look after people on special diets. Phew!
    - arranged a short work visit for tomorrow, just to introduce myself to a local business
    - arranged a longer work visit for next Monday afternoon, which will involve a certain amount of preparation
    - rearranged my nails appointment, which should have been on that Monday afternoon
    - took Rosie for her walk (but she's still bouncy)
    - went to my exercise class: hard work today :j:j:j:eek:
    - did WMx3, hung it all up in the bathroom
    - emptied all bins and washed them out
    - changed my pot scourer for a new one
    - had a late afternoon appointment for myself at the eye clinic: all is good and I'm not being recalled for a year :T

Tomorrow morning I aim to get up early enough to clean both fridges before I go out, while they are empty, then go shopping and re-fill them. It looks like I shall be out for most of the day with a friend, so that's another Extra sorted :D

Happy Flying to all who can, and posivibes to those who can't atm xxx
  • sexymouse
    sexymouse Posts: 6,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

[STRIKE]Level 1[/STRIKE]

Level 2

Wipe down all cupboard and drawer fronts, not forgetting handles and tops and bottom as well as fronts!
    Clean hob
    Clean microwave
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan
    Wash out shelves and baskets.
    Dust dining area/room
    Clean WM , TD and DW filters; remove WM detergent drawer and wash it out.

Level 3
    Clean out cutlery drawer
    Sweep/mop/[STRIKE]vacuum floor[/STRIKE]
    Clean windows in both rooms.

EXTRAS

Sew on Beaver's badge
    S&S bathroom
    Meal plan for the week.

Level 1

[STRIKE]Fling open the windows[/STRIKE]
    Clear the bins, remove empties
    Flush the loo and squirt something down it to start the cleaning process
    Fling the towels in the WM
    Clean windows and mirrors

Level 2

Clear lotions and potions from around bath and scrub inside and out.
    Prod a brush down the plughole to remove the ratty tails
    Polish the taps
    Slug of bleach down the drain
    Scrub the loo inside and out - and bleach it
    Thoroughly clean bath taps and plugs - especially hair traps
    Wipe shower head

Level 3

Scrub the sink
    Polish the taps
    Dust sills and shelves
    Wipe anywhere fingers linger with a clean cloth or an anti-bac wipe
    Mop the floor
    Polish mirrors

Extras
    S&S kitchen
    [STRIKE]Plan some me-time - coffee with friends; an appointment for your nails or hair - you get the picture[/STRIKE] Does toddler group count? lol

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Angel Baby Poppy born 8/11/15, Rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
    £997.87/£2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sexymouse wrote: »
    Yes - I think I may have been flying as the wife in the early days before Bean came along, but have only dipped my toe in and out a couple of times since. Eldest Bean is 7, and youngest (rainbow baby as we lost a little girl in between) is 3 in a few weeks.

Ah, thanks for explaining - didn't know what a rainbow baby is. I share a birthday with biggest bean!

List for tomorrow is up.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi all

Busy day of paid stuff, furniture has been delivered, DH and I just finished unpacking it, it’s very nice and I’m really looking forward to getting that room finished now. Although it won’t be done for another month or so!

Laundry dried outside
    WM loaded for tomorrow
    Dailies done
    Kitchen and bathroom s/s
    Downstairs loo s/s
    Scrubbed utility room, cleaned out the cupboards, threw some junk away and tidied back what should be in there, washed the floor, shined the sink and cleaned the window, it’s only a tiny room but it felt like an achievement on a working day.
    Admin and filing not done... putting that off again

I’m off to bed now, back tomorrow x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family