What Small DFW Things Will You Do w/c 13th January 2020?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you are able to enjoy your evening CLF waves to everyone :D

My list today:
    Meals from stores
    Make some scones
    Check banking
    Check for pesky refund
    More washing
    Do a little sorting
    Put some next size up clothes somewhere where I can get easy access when I need them for smalls
    Start shopping list but won’t be going until next week hopefully
    Use blankets later to snuggle under, used £8 from house budget for one that was half price after shopping around. As the two we had just didn’t go between 4 of us.
    Use a recycled glass jar for toothbrushes rather than buy a specific ‘container’ for job. Will see if I can shop from home and find some ribbon or something to make it a bit prettier.

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all!

Today I have/will:
    * Check banks
    * Do foam rolling
    * Make lunch to take to work
    * Switch microwave off at wall
    * Take yet another box of OOD cereal to work - I never eat breakfast (but apparently buy cereal!) and this is one of my "new years resolutions" to improve my diet
    * Park for free and walk to work
    * Eat OOD cereal with communal milk at work
    * Update spreadsheet with spends
    * Use £28 received for old phone to make CC payment
    * Go to gym at lunch - booked onto a class I haven't tried before!
    * Check OP/ PA
    * Sort out washing on airer and put away
    * Nag OH to call sky re refund
    * Remind OH to transfer me £20 he owes me
    * Dinner from stores - no idea what yet though!
    * Do some more crochet

Think that's everything for today. Hop you all have a good day.
    Starting again..
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 January 2020 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Continuation of my list..
    :grinheart Made popcorn in the microwave popcorn maker I bought more then a year ago reduced at aldee, I'd tried it last year and it didn't seem to work very well but this last couple of weeks as part of using what we have... I've started adding in more kernels then the instuctions say and finally got it to work properly. It was so close to going into the charity shop bag but I have two happy kids munching on plain popcorn as I type.
    :grinheart Thinly sliced the last half of the red cabbage from the week after xmas, and diced 2 bruised apples from the fruit bowl and cooked. Will freeze and have at another time with a Sunday Roast - we try very hard to have no food waste.
    :grinheart The last of the items we sent to cex has now paid us, another £23 in vouchers (voucher printed off on reclaimed rm survey paper) put into a separate wallet in my bag for our next town trip.
    :grinheart Kids finished off the end of some pork with a jacket potato for their tea as they were both starving when they came home, so I'm going to make dh & I a risotto for tonight instead of the chicken curry I think
    :grinheart Just had an email confirming that my mums old phone has passed checks and a payment will be made for her. All part of our declutter and reorganise.
    :grinheart Continued drinking the cherry bakewell green tea - I MUST not buy more green tea as I really just aren't that keen on it!! ;)
    :grinheart Put away the washing I've washed and dried today. Also ironed the few work shirts for dh but swtiched off as I started the last one to use the residual heat
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning frugal pals :hello:

Yesterday our TD didn't heat up (I only use for bedding). DH got on you tube and managed to reset the heat element and got it working for no cost :j I know some people don't use them and ours is only used in winter for bedding as we have to wash one of our smalls bedding daily due to a medical condition so we couldn't manage without. I do look forward to breezy dry days though for lots of reasons.

My list for today:

My banking app had updated so I couldn't op the mortgage. I've set up a payment instruction for both parts and TT both accounts down to a round number. I can then op easily going forward :A
    Smalls to event today that has been paid for already
    B&L from stores. DH and I going out for dinner, have voucher. Spends from personal budget
    Get DH to order something he needs for work, we don't buy ourselves anything really since been on this journey. So parting with cash is difficult sometimes, even when it's planned :o
    Check banking
    Reconcile just for points credit card
    Freeze some sausage rolls and chicken
    Triage fridge

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Hope you feel better soon 1LL :(
    HK, I will have to send SiL2 round to soup up your stairlift - he is a mechanic for a team of vehicle sports people who drive trucks off cliffs in places like Croatia, so I am sure he would do a good job :rotfl:

Omg DawnW wouldnt that be brill flying down on a stairlift :rotfl:. I sometimes find the stairlift tediously slow. Ive just had to have a brand new wheelchair after Poland and the cobbles. The wheelchair man also keeps an eye on my brakes, as he says he can always tell when ive been speeding down ramps doing brake turns at the bottom :rotfl::rotfl::j
    1LL i hope ur feeling better. Ive found ive been sleeping so much more and i always feel abit flat after Christmas.sending hugs
    CLF i hope everything went okay last night for u

Waited in another day on thursday only for parcel not to be picked up until yesterday morning:mad:
    Really wasnt very happy as i am really limited as to what i can do.
    I also had to sort out about the parcel that wasnt delivered. Its a new phone. Because my phone contract was hacked when i was away a couple of years ago ( police had to be notified, hackers tried to get the phone) i have to go thru alot of security stages now only no one had explained this. It turned into a right faff with even the phone company getting confused, in the end they admitted everything had been messed up and i will be getting some compensation. New phone confirmed to be arriving on Monday

I do the Christmas shoeboxes for a charity. Someone had posted up a great deal on socks with a free delivery code last night on h@t uk de@ls. I just couldnt get the code to work. To do click and collect would have meant travelling into the next town. Managed to get the code to work so have got some decent socks for the shoeboxes very cheap.

Banking all checked, everything good.
    Have to attend a meeting tonight. Frustrating when its the weekend but fortunately the only time everyone can get together.

Bit of top up shopping to do this morning, have managed to really run the freezer down
    Just about to pop the DW on the eco setting
    Cat cleaning to do and then pop out to do the top up bits.

Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 January 2020 at 3:53PM
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Thanks for the good wishes. It went very well last night, although I'm very pleased that I ate some cheese and crackers and an apple at 5.30 because we didn't end up eating until about 8.30! I stuck to my gut health guns of no alcohol and no dessert and had a really good giggle :)

CBT therapy was good but a nice easy one for me as it was practical problem solving (this is major part of my personality so I'm pretty good at this) and sleep. apart from the major sleep hiccup when I was really ill, I sleep pretty well.

Could have done with a dab more sleep last night though! Also, for some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat! Early menopause? We can but hope :rotfl: Hmmm, OH had the same problem. Can't be that the room was hot as it was only 15 degrees! Possible minor bug?

I feel like there's tonnes to do today but I'm not sure what we will actually do. I need to:

:heartpuls Sort the meat from the butchers
    :heartpuls Plant the bulbs that came in my mystery box as they are all sprouting
    :heartpuls Ideally go the the allotment.

I think that it will be the allotment that loses out this week but it's not the end of the world. I would have time for everything but we are going to a friend's for the afternoon/dinner and it's an hour's drive away. We might stay over but OH has said he might not drink and we'll drive home. I don't want to influence him but I hope that he does as I'm in work tomorrow and it will be an absolute 2 hour mission by train.

Yep it was the allotment that lost out. OH pinged his back in the gym on Friday and it's still a bit stiff and sore. Managed to plant out the bulbs though and get my scrapbook done. I also cooked the chicken (OH stripped and boxed it) and I made the meatballs for later in the week :)

Other things on the list as usual. I'm also behind now with my scrapbook due to working on Thursday... Can't decide whether to take the money or have an extra day off. Hmmmm.

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    good morning every one finally I have Internet

thanks for all the tips sadly the antenna had stopped working on my phone I managed to get a new to me one for £60.00 making things a little tight this month i must get an emergency fund

todo today

check banking
    a quick tidy up
    wash on
    meals from freezer

does any know the new changes to credit card over heard a work colleague talking about it but didn't like to ask lol

have a great day xxxlppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Didn't manage to post yesterday for some reason :o
    I feel your pain re the phone repair LPP, I had to buy a new laptop this week. My old one simply wouldn't do all that I needed it to do for my small business :( Anyway, now using the new one (just a standard one, I don't need a high spec one for complicated graphics or gaming or anything like that), and have started transferring everything over. Had enough of fiddling with it today. It is good to not have sticky keys, the wireless keep cutting out, it not working with the printer, and not being able to disconnect it from the mains lead because the battery has gone though! Our phones are on their last legs too, so OH and I will probably need to replace those this year, too :eek:

Anyway, enough about money spending, today's small money saving things are:
    Cheap breakfast of porridge and home grown fruit
    Some of the leek and potato soup I made yesterday for lunch (I dug up the rest of the leeks in the garden and made a huge pot of soup with them).
    Usual kitchen and bathroom spruce up
    Did a bit in the garden. Was annoyed to find vine weevil grubs in one of my big containers :mad: Can't really do much about it (apart from squash any of the little blighters I can) till it warms up enough to apply nematodes :(

Dog walk for free exercise, brrr it is cold today!
    I need to do something with a couple of shrivelling lemons - probably lemon drizzle cakes, which I will freeze.

Dinner will be chilli made yesterday - I like to cook once and eat twice! Just need to cook some rice to go with it, as it already contains plenty of veg.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi guys :D

CLF your post spoke to me in so many ways! Well done for sticking with not drinking :) The medication I am now on means I can't drink :eek: tbh I haven't missed it too much as I was finding my mood would get low the day after drinking. Not sure how I'll navigate big nights out/festivals etc but for now I'm enjoying it :money:

I do need another hobby to do in the evenings now as am often at a loss as to what to do. Whereas I used to binge watch some tv with a few glasses of wine or fritter time on fb now I'm often at a bit of a loss

I managed to sleep 11 hours last night! :eek: Felt so good when I woke up today :D let's hope tonight I can get a full night tonight...

Today I have:

* all meals from stores
    * madam & I had lo fish pie for tea ;)
    * went through freezer and have enough meals for 10 dinners. What with easy nights and veggie nights that's about 2 weeks worth of meals ;)
    * finished off dd's baby change bag & patchwork quilt. Think I will transfer machines back upstairs and do some more shortly.
    * froze part baked baguettes as they were coming up to their use by date ;)
    * currently braising red cabbage for dinner date with bff and gs tomorrow :D

I went for a beautiful walk around a nature reserve today. Oh and madam were being lazy toads so I went on my own. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Free entertainment and exercise. I am very lucky to lie where I do :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Got up late, cleaned house, weekly shop, walked dog w ds, checked bank, done laundry, am feeling tired and spent so have cancelled all activities this weekend, except for stuff at home.
    Hope all are having a great weekend.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure