»

Wonga repayments

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Wonga repayments

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
67 replies 9.7K views
JassersJassers Forumite
29 posts
PPI Party Pooper
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
Any sign of Wonga Administrator paying partial refunds this month. would be nice to get something back in January

Replies

• Gaz83Gaz83 Forumite
    4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wonga went bust, there's no chance of anyone getting much back unless they're a preferred creditor. Have you heard from the administrators that you are due to get something back?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • JassersJassers Forumite
    29 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    Yes i has email from Administrator and I know refund will be small but every little helps my debts..
  • Gaz83Gaz83 Forumite
    4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jassers wrote: »
    Yes i has email from Administrator and I know refund will be small but every little helps my debts..
    Weren't you debt free in October?
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • diggingdudediggingdude Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz83 wrote: »
    Weren't you debt free in October?
    a significant number of people take on debt in the UK at Christmas to keep up with the Jones'. might be the case here?
    House owner as of 27.3.2019 :j
  • edited 9 January at 4:11PM
    JassersJassers Forumite
    29 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 9 January at 4:11PM
    I was but I am now admitting to self that I have a gambling problem. Idont need censure. I am closing bingo sites, made a list of creditors ie bank account barclaycard and mbna and allocating extra to repayments. Using bus more as free (pensioner) shopping in Aldi! Managed to cut electric gas and water bills by £29 per month and can go towards debts.I feel like sh..t having gone back into debt but at least now trying to get out of it slowly. Have to keep Barclaycard payments up as have been threatened with permanent closure of account. I rent so there is no equity to draw down.
    Yesterday made soup for lunch and remainder in freezer using up leftover veg and pots.More filling and cheaper than tinned soup. Going to have veggie mince spag bol cooking time tomorrow again saving costs an bettter flavour.
  • TomW1988TomW1988 Forumite
    17 posts
    I am due to get one.

Just been told it will be by the 31st Jan.

Should of been getting over £3k back be lucky to get 10% of the amount
    29 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    Where did the inf come from My last email from administrator was months ago and mentioned "end of Jan ". He/she quoted £7000 as due but would only be getting small percentage. Web suggested 5 or upto 10 %.
    29 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    Have checked Wonga website and message received that repayments AT the end of January so have to wait til the last week at least!
    29 posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    TomW1988 wrote: »
    I am due to get one.

Just been told it will be by the 31st Jan.

Should of been getting over £3k back be lucky to get 10% of the amount

Website says "at end of" not "by end of" so will have a couple of weeks wait still to go.
  • RelievedSheffRelievedSheff PPR Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I have just received and email today confirming that there will be another email at the end of the month confirming how much the payment will be.

It doesn't actually say that the payment will be made in January though.