New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

VCS Claim form. CCBC.

edited 14 January 2020 at 8:45PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
45 replies 1K views

Replies

• edited 20 February 2020 at 8:33PM
    MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 20 February 2020 at 8:33PM
    On vcs privacy policy they state that vcs will share info with excel parking.
    https://vehiclecontrolservices.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/VCS-GDPR-Data-Policy_CCTV.pdf page 3
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    24.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Mark has forgotten who he was working for at that precise moment in time.
    He tells you that Excel's privacy notices can be found on VCS's website. Bizarre.

Both companies share the same address, and no doubt Mark works for both all the time, but that does not explain how personal data being looked after by one company can fall into the hands of another company.

The Information Commissioner's Office needs to know about this careless handling of personal data.

• MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    I have just checked ICO website for complaints and what I have been told is to: Raise your concern with the organisation handling your information. It looks like ICO is not interested. 
    Double standards - I am taken to court by vcs because my vehicle stopped allegedly on private land (once) and vcs is not giving me second chance, but ICO will try to improve vcs.
    Below statement from ICO website - taxpayers money wasted. 

What can I expect?

If we think the organisation has not complied with its obligations we can give the organisation advice and ask it to solve the problem. Our main aim is to improve the information rights practices of organisations, where there is an opportunity for us to do so.

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, we know, but report them anyway as VCS/Excel have been reported loads of times and every straw might be the last one that breaks the camel's back.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    I know, but according to ICO I need to complain first to vcs and if no response then I can complain to ICO.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    We know.  This is nothing new to be discussing on a thread on a parking forum where our time is stretched (sorry but when you really need our replies, you will be grateful we are strict about not getting hooked into minor discussion a person can sort out themselves that needs no legal knowledge). 

This is normal, and takes just a couple of emails.  We can't get enmired in stuff like talking about standard ICO complaints that are easy to do online, in minutes.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    I agree Coupon-mad. Sorry,
    I have send an email to vcs and I will wait for them to respond. They have one calendar month. 
  • edited 22 March 2020 at 9:03PM
    MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    edited 22 March 2020 at 9:03PM
    Another update.
    Few weeks ago County Court provided hearing date.
    Couple weeks later I have received letter from VCS stating that the matter has now been proceeded to the Small Claims Track and that they are very confident they have a strong case against me and are offering/accepting reduced settlement charge of £125.00. Obviously I have ignored this letter too.
    Yesterday I have received another letter from VCS with enclosed Notice of Discontinuance with copies sent to me and court.
    I will give a call to court to confirm it, but it looks like genuine discontinuance form.
    Thank you Coupon-Mad, KeithP, beamerguy and others who keep helping motorists fighting unfair parking fines.

• Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    12.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, a discontinuance counts as a win! Well done.
  • MrowkaMrowka Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    Correct Le_Kirk it is a win. I have just confirmed it with court.

Case is dropped. 

Again, All thank you for your time and help.