IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

EMA BP petrol station PCN scam

Comments

• Umkomaas wrote: »
    They have no legal relevance on private land (whatever colour). Is there a reason for asking?

I though it is these red lines that are supposed to mark the area where "stopping is prohibited"
    Have I got that wrong?
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry but whilst i can see you won, and understand your sentiment
    None of what you are doing will have any effect. Nothing will change, the airport or petrol station wont get rid of VCS, the IPC will put your letter in the bin
    VCS will simply put your letter in the shredder, none of this lot are going to take any notice
    no matter how many people you see in the local rag with sad faces holding parking tickets
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 23 January 2020 at 9:32PM
    Double red lines do have that meaning on the pubic highway in a 'red route'. Trouble is, parking firms misuse double yellows and make up their own meanings, so painting double reds on private land is also down to the whim of the parking firm as to what these lines mean.

Having said that, IMHO double reds have a clear meaning. But that's just me.

Double yellows are the real problem, as the meaning PPCs put upon them is not the proper meaning of those lines on roads and they allow no exemptions at all.

Good shout by Half_way here; go for the Organ Grinder, not the monkey:
    My whole take on this situation is that while it may seem obvious to go for VCS, the real target should be the airport and/or the petrol station for allowing VCS to operate.

As principal they are liable for the actions of their agents ( VCS)

and if there is a GDPR issue/breach then there could be an issue of personal liability- not sure how realistic this would be, however the head of operations at EMA/the petrol station ( or whoever signed off on allowing the PPC to operate) having some personal liability in this could serve as a wake up call.
    Sadly Brown Trout is right but going after the landowners, where people's data has been illegally harvested and they've received threatening demands for putting air into a car, or for using a petrol pump, IS a way forward if people are prepared to start lodging court claims against the Airport, for their liability for the actions of their agents.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The real ‘organ grinder’ is the DVLA. Without access to the database, the scammers (IPC and their members) have nothing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,572
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    True but you have no chance in stopping them. No chance.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I respectfully disagree.
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I respectfully disagree.
    Sadly you are misguided ( but good intentions)
    You will give up soon enough and realise its futile
    Not being defeatist it's just how it is . Except it and move on.
  • I have no intention of giving up - that is what the DVLA, the IPC and the scam parking companies want.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have no intention of giving up - that is what the DVLA, the IPC and the scam parking companies want.

Admire the resolve. I'm sure all of us will be overjoyed should you report success. Power to your elbow, keep us in the loop.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,886
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    @Umkomaas - a previous thread by the poster:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6067230
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income