NEW BLOG. Featuring tips and pics from pet owners of the MSE Forum, we present to you Homemade pet toy ideas. Take a look
New Decade - New Diary!
edited 3 February 2020 at 5:21PM in Debt free diaries
63 replies 2.4K views
Latest MSE News and Guides
Energy Price Cap change
Martin Lewis on what it means for youMSE News
Best £1 you've ever spent?
Share your most impressive bargainsMSE Forum
New MSE Forum avatars available
Try 'em out nowMSE Forum
Woo hoo another good day with the to do list!
Only one more thing to do and I will do that later tonight.
Got the day off tomorrow so I am going to have the laziest morning then need to head out for birthday balloons.
My mums partner passed away in December and he would have been 70 tomorrow so we are off the the Bowling basin to set off some balloons for him then we will go for a dinner. Me, mum, sister and her 2 kids will all be there, should be nice but there will defo be some tears.
My mums 65th is on Friday and we are taking her to see the Lion King in Edinburgh so we will just get the train through and go to the Slug and Lettuce for some 50% off cocktails!
Getting the car serviced on Friday, it was due in November but with everything thats been going on I've just not managed to get in, hoping it doesn't need much done but it will be back in on the 24th for an MOT so going to be an expensive month for me!
I'm in work till 6.45pm just been in a meeting which was boring as hell.
Gonna nip out for some fresh air and maybe some crisps :rotfl:
* Paid my CC in full today, £197.35 which is more than I wanted it to be but that included by movies for a year, petrol for the month and some Christmas stuff that I picked up this week.
* This is actually going better than I had expected and this month I managed to save £1,100.00. My £200 which I put into my H2B ISA every month and £900.00 that was left to me by my mums partner when he passed away. Determined not to squander it!
* Still being a gluttonous pig so this is not going well!
* I did throw out one nail varnish does that count as my first item?
* I'm on the last few pages of another notebook in work, I have a few other notebooks which I am going to use then I will bring some in from home, yes the stash is that bad! Toiletry wise I'm nearing the end of another moisturiser, will dig another one out when I've used that one.
* Doing good on this I will update my Birthday and Christmas posts later with the goodies I picked up.
* Kinda failing on this one, I guess its trying to get into the habit of it, I will get better with this one.
* So far I am at £10/£1000 so quite a way to go!
* Bought myself a pair of shoes the other day for £6.00 out of M&S, I suppose I could say it's to replace a pair of boots that I chucked out last month cos the sole had a hole in it?!?!
* I think I am doing well with the diary, long may it continue!
I'm having a lazy morning tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it!
Got a sore back today, not sure if it's just getting used to sitting in this chair after being off for almost a month but I'm hoping it goes away soon cos it hurtsssssssssssssssss!
Tonight the plan is;
* Bed - might watch a film, might just go straight to sleep!
Had a slightly longer than usual weekend which consisted of;
Thursday - Lazy morning then went to get balloons for Mums partners birthday. Picked Mum up from work then headed home for a bit. My Sister cam over with the 2 kids and we went to the Bowling basin to let off the balloons so they could go to John in heaven, the kids were singing happy birthday to him. We went for some dinner afterwards then I dropped my Sister and the kids off home. By the time I got back it was straight to bed!
Friday - Car service, cost me £70.00 and he told me the car will need new wishbones when it goes in for the MOT at the end of this month, no idea how much that will cost on a VW Polo? I will phone him later to book it and find out. Mums 65th today so we went to Edinburgh for food, cocktails and to see the Lion King. We LOVED it!!! By the time we got home it was just after midnight so we went straight to bed.
Saturday - I stayed at home all day, still got the cold so had a jammie day.
Sunday - Went to Silverburn with my Mum to see what we could pick up in the sales.
And now I am back in work!
[STRIKE]*Book MOT and check price for wishbones to be replaced
*Get email address from Booking.com for partial refund[/STRIKE]
*Check CC balance
*Check bank balance
So marked off the first 2 on the list the other 3 I will carry over to today.
Need to do better on the surveys to hit my target!
[STRIKE]*Email Booking.com for refund[/STRIKE]
*Stick to diet (91lbs to lose)
[STRIKE]*Check CC balance
*Check bank balance[/STRIKE]
*CC £208.91 - January sales - whoopsie! - PIF today
*Bank balance £200.88 - Hoping not to spend any of that
It's for emergencies which to me seem to be absolutely anything which needs to change.
I need to sit down this weekend and sort all the stuff I've bought in the sales and mark it in my book cos I want to keep a track of how much I spend on presents this year.
So update on yesterday.......
It was all going so well, I had packed my bag with my diet goodies for the day and was feeling tired but motivated then bam my ex comes along with an unexpected text.
Now baring in mind that I haven't heard from him in about a year it was quite a surprise.
He text to ask how I am?!?!?! Eh!!!
Now if you aren't aware this is the person who out of the blue after being in a relationship for 17 years had his wages changed to another bank account then announced to me the day before payday that 'this isn't working out for me I'm just going to pack a bag and go' Oh are you, well isn't that lovely news - NOT!
So as you can imagine I was devastated, this was back in January 2018 so quite a bit of time has passed.
He was shocked that I moved out of the flat, changed my name and sent him divorce papers, pretty sure he thought I would be sitting there crying my eyes out (I was) and waiting for him (I wasn't) to decide when he was ready to come home cos that single life wasn't for him.
Around this time last year he sent me a card and some jewellery. In the card he said how could he let this escalate this far and why couldn't he talk to me about whatever was going on in his head at that time, that he hates himself for being like this.
I never contacted him because what was I supposed to say to that?
Anyway he's been quiet for a while and I hoped that would be the last I would hear of him but alas no here he is.
So I sent him this;
'I understand that we had a long history together but I would appreciate if this was the last time you contact me. I'm working and planning towards my future and when you contact me it brings up my past which I would rather put behind me now'
Please please please pleaseeeeeeee let this be it.
I've been eating my feelings, which tbh hasn't been any different to my diet of the last couple of months :rotfl:
Oh well there's always tomorrow!