Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• GreenBitterfly
    Options
    For the Chorley savings account, do you need to send certified documents off to them, to prove your identity?
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the Chorley savings account, do you need to send certified documents off to them, to prove your identity?

http://www.chorleybs.co.uk/Files/identificationcriteria.pdf
    The Society uses an electronic verification search with its credit reference agency to confirm your identity and address; if this is successful we will confirm the search with you. This search does not affect your credit rating. In certain situations (where you are under 18 years of age, where you are not on the electoral roll, where inconsistencies are identified or you have recently moved
    house) the search may fail, if this applies to you we will request additional paper documents
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2017 at 12:06PM
    Options

No.

Just sent application form and a cheque. They will call you to comfirm your name, address, date of birth and name of account you want opened.

I sent my application on Wednesday afternoon and received my passbook today (Friday). Very impressed.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mgarl10024 wrote: »

My wife is an existing member but not on the electoral roll (She has a BNO passport) but they didn't ask for extra ID. All they did was phone her to confirm the account she wants opened & usual security questions and she received her passbook this morning.
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    No.

Just sent application form and a cheque. They will call you to comfirm your name, address, date of birth and name of account you want opened.

I sent my application on Wednesday afternoon and received my passbook today (Friday). Very impressed.

Ok, thank you!
  • Sceptic001
    Sceptic001 Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like both the instore and online Virgin Matchday savers have been closed to new business.
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sceptic001 wrote: »
    Looks like both the instore and online Virgin Matchday savers have been closed to new business.

How excited should we get about a possible new issue? :)
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »
    In reference to the Ipswich Smart Saver query - I have both issues opened (I asked them before applying, they confirmed I could).

Are they the same interest rate? :T
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are they the same interest rate? :T
    No, new rate is 2.75% (prev. 3.25%) variable incl. conditional bonus (0.25%)

See:
    http://www.ibs.co.uk/images/documents/savings-investment/interest_rates.pdf

http://www.ibs.co.uk/savings/discontinued
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mgarl10024 wrote: »
    How excited should we get about a possible new issue? :)

Not sure how "new" it is but on the subject of MUFC, I see a new 1yr E-ISA MUFC has appeared in the list. Same rate as the Issue 237, but the only "peak" over issue 237 is entry into a prize draw for two tickets to Old Trafford at every home game next season. That and the United Rewards scheme. Doesn't look like you get a voucher for a free pie either.

I do wonder actually if the withdrawing of the Man U Reg Saver means they're going to cut back on Regular Saver. There's only two available now, Issue 4 online and Issue 3 Store. Would be nice to see regular E-saver 5 though. And 6, and 7... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure