Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Th

I cannot see any terms preventing someone from holding both issues. This is something I never noticed before, so I may well open Issue 2 now this has been pointed out!

I received an email from Chorley this morning, informing me that you can have one or the other, depending on if you are a member. But you can't have both.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    I received an email from Chorley this morning, informing me that you can have one or the other, depending on if you are a member. But you can't have both.
    The posst I quoted above was referring to a Ipswich BS account, not Chorley BS.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    The posst I quoted above was referring to a Ipswich BS account, not Chorley BS.

Ah right, sorry.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As any discussion in this thread can be about any one of several different offers it's useful to use a heading if the post is in reply to an earlier post a little way back :) unless it's quite clear of course!
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 April 2017 at 10:11AM
    Options
    Sent off my application to the Chorley today. Hopefully, they will open it in April so I will have £1000 in it by the first week of May.

The rate is variable which is a shame and no withdrawals are allowed. They have in the past reduced the rate of a variable regular in the middle of the term when base rate was unchanged and I was locked in at a lower rate until maturity. At least I managed to reduce the monthly payment amount.
  • mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Sent off my application to the Chorley today. Hopefully, they will open it in April so I will have £1000 in it by the first week of May.

The rate is variable which is a shame and no withdrawals are allowed. They have in the past reduced the rate of a variable regular in the middle of the term when base rate was unchanged and I was locked in at a lower rate until maturity. At least I managed to reduce the monthly payment amount.

I was concerned about this, but http://www.chorleybs.co.uk/Files/CRS.pdf#zoom=auto says "if we reduce the interest rate we will give you 14 days notification prior to the change and 30 day option from the notification to switch your account." which I took to mean that if you didn't like the new rate you could switch to something that allowed withdrawals.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Very impressed with Chorley.

Sent application Tuesday, got a call Wednesday to check I was who I said I was, passbook arrived today, Thursday!
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Speculator
    edited 27 April 2017 at 11:30AM
    Options
    mgarl10024 wrote: »
    I was concerned about this, but http://www.chorleybs.co.uk/Files/CRS.pdf#zoom=auto says "if we reduce the interest rate we will give you 14 days notification prior to the change and 30 day option from the notification to switch your account." which I took to mean that if you didn't like the new rate you could switch to something that allowed withdrawals.

My example was from about 17 years ago so I guess new rules/regulation will let you close the a/c or withdraw some money without penalty.
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In reference to the Ipswich Smart Saver query - I have both issues opened (I asked them before applying, they confirmed I could).
  • Speculator
    Options
    Posted my application to Chorley yesterday 5pm from Herts.

Just received my security phone call and should be getting my passbook either tomorrow or Saturday, just in time for me to set up my standing order to go out the day after the bank holiday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure