Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    The T+Cs of the account allow one cash award per mortgage up to the maximum of £1000. Therefore there is no way multiple rewards can possibly be paid out.
    Does this mean you can't have more than one BHS at the same time? I don't think it does.

badger09 wrote: »
    Really?

It sounds fairly logical to me.

In addition to the bonus interest rate, there is also the potential cash reward payable (subject to T&C) on mortgage completion. Clearly, most of the MSEers using the account don't intend to apply for a mortgage - but that's the idea behind the product, and Newcastle won't want to pay out multiple cash rewards :eek:

What is not logical about people not wanting to save more than £1,250 a month [towards their deposit]? Most savers probably would not have anything like £1,250 to put in each month, but some of us do, don't we.

There is nowt in the T&Cs that says you cannot have different issues of the BHS concurrently. This might be due to a lack of imagination/foresight by the NCBS lawyers but right now, there is nothing in their T&Cs that says you can't have both issues concurrently. Therefore you can.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 September 2014 at 10:25PM
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    Does this mean you can't have more than one BHS at the same time? I don't think it does.

I agree with you.

I posted the extract from the special conditions in order to counter badger09's argument that multiple accounts would not be allowed because that would mean multiple rewards on taking out a mortgage
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,229 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »

What is not logical about people not wanting to save more than £1,250 a month [towards their deposit]? Most savers probably would not have anything like £1,250 to put in each month, but some of us do, don't we.

There is nowt in the T&Cs that says you cannot have different issues of the BHS concurrently. This might be due to a lack of imagination/foresight by the NCBS lawyers but right now, there is nothing in their T&Cs that says you can't have both issues concurrently. Therefore you can.

I agree with you! - as I said here:
    Interesting - no pun intended :o

The Product Special Conditions in KPI specifies "There is a maximum of one account per person".

The intention may have been as Newcastle told you this morning, but as the KPI does not specify "maximum of one account over all issues per person" then I would (and will if necessary :cool:) argue that one of each issue should be allowed.
    noh wrote: »
    I agree with you.

I posted the extract from the special conditions in order to counter badger09's argument that multiple accounts would not be allowed because that would mean multiple rewards on taking out a mortgage

Me too!

I wasn't arguing that multiple accounts would not be allowed, in fact, quite the opposite :)

I was merely trying to second guess Newcastle's 'logic' in response to Archi Bald's earlier post.
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi liamcov,

While I'm unsure if you're referring to our Monthly Saver or our Club Lloyds Monthly Saver, it's not possible to hold more than one of each account-type at any one time. However, it is possible to hold one Monthly Saver & one Club Lloyds Monthly Saver simultaneously.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Graeme

I have the Club Lloyds one, didn't realise there was another, is that 4% too?
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    I have the Club Lloyds one, didn't realise there was another, is that 4% too?
    No. It is 2%.
    http://www.lloydsbank.com/savings/monthly-saver.asp?WT.ac=SCOMMONFND1
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,099 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 September 2014 at 12:19PM
    Options

I wasn't arguing that multiple accounts would not be allowed, in fact, quite the opposite :)

You are correct, Home Saver Issue 2, applied for on Sunday,, letter received today confirming has been opened, roll on Issue 3 :D
  • rmh29
    Options
    I've received notice that the Chiltern Gold Builder from Buckinghamshire BS (4.12%) will no longer accept monthly payments from October. It must've closed to new business 3+ years ago.

Currently I have the First Direct Regular Saver (6%), Club Lloyds Monthly Saver (4%), and a Coventry BS (S&S) Regular Saver (3.5%), and anything more goes into what was a Santander First Home Saver (3%).

I'm looking for a regular saver better than 3%. What's currently on offer is impeded by geographic proximity, being in Bucks I am not near Nottingham, Kent, Essex (Saffron) etc.

These regular savers were for a time returning by far the best rates, but there seems to be little competition now. Is this likely to pick up again some time? I would be grateful for ideas for what I could 'replace' the Buckinghamshire BS regular deposit with.

Otherwise I suppose I should just keep an eye out on this thread...
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HSBC 4% but only £250 max a month.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rmh29 wrote: »

I'm looking for a regular saver better than 3%. What's currently on offer is impeded by geographic proximity, being in Bucks I am not near Nottingham, Kent, Essex (Saffron) etc.

Otherwise I suppose I should just keep an eye out on this thread...

The first page of this thread is the best resource. It is also kept updated by Special_saver weekly
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=608697
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Welcome to the forum rmh29. The only other thing I can suggest is a Norwich and Peterborough Gold Savings Account paying 4% on £250 for 12 months. Both this account and the 4% HSBC one mentioned by Archi Bald require a current account to be opened. As you and adindas say, your other option is to just keep your eyes on this thread.

As for this weekend's update, I have added to my entry on the Newcastle BS Big Home Saver that Barney1954 and bristolleedsfan report being able to open issue 2 in addition to issue 1.

I cannot find anything else that has changed.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure