We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

1…1819212324…691

Comments

  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,434
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks a lot for the heads up. I am in a nice cheap internet cafe, e-mailing my friends.

    I have added the Alliance and Leicester account to the list.

    I have also added details to the bottom of post 4 regarding the West Brom Midland Super Saver which is now on the West Brom website. The details were as expected. The account can only be opened in branch. I know that with the old Magic 8 account, many of you got around this by telephoning a branch and getting them to send out the application form to you. I imagine you will be able to do the same thing with this account.
  • evosy1978
    evosy1978 Posts: 652
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    hello, just to confirm can i not open the new A+L regular saver if i already have a premier account.

    thanks
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,859
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Correct. New customers only (or ones that have previously had an A&L account but closed it more than 3 months ago).
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,490
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Skipton Special saver & xmas saver rate. 6.8% wef 28/4 according to moneyfacts.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,434
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi everybody,

    Thanks. I cannot find any other changes, so I have only updated those Skipton rates.

    SS2
  • Dan29
    Dan29 Posts: 4,774
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi everybody,

    Thanks. I cannot find any other changes, so I have only updated those Skipton rates.

    SS2

    Yorkshire rate down to 6.35% - see blf's thread :(
    .
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,434
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks. I did not know about those rate changes at Yorkshire BS - moneyfacts, for example, is not showing the new rate.

    I trust BLF so I will go ahead and change my entry for the Yorkshire BS regular saver account.

    BLF, what is your source of information for that other thread?

    SS2
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    BLF, what is your source of information for that other thread?

    See eMoneyfacts ;)
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,434
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hello everybody...

    I have updated the following:

    - updated interest rates on all of the following accounts which are down by 0.25% - Coventry First account, Yorkshire BS Regular Saver, Yorkshire BS First Time Buyer Account, Scarborough BS, Nationwide BS, Monmouthshire BS, Chelsea BS, and Britannia BS regular savers

    - updated the interest rate on the Yorkshire BS Internet Saver account which is only down by 0.05% to 5.7%. This is why it now goes to the top in the feeder account section

    - have just removed the accounts in post 2 (accounts with no maturity date) as none of them can match the 6.5% offered by Kaupthing Edge, Alliance & Leicester eSaver, Abbey Instant Access Saver and Birmingham Midshires eSaver (and the latter has no strings)

    - have removed accounts which mature in 12 months or less that now pay less than 7% interest

    Have a good week ahead, will do another update next weekend...

    SS2
  • Dagobert
    Dagobert Posts: 1,625 Forumite
    - updated interest rates on all of the following accounts which are down by 0.25% - ..., Yorkshire BS Regular Saver, ..., Scarborough BS, Nationwide BS, Monmouthshire BS, ..., and Britannia BS regular savers
    I have searched high and low for the updated interest rates of above accounts on page 1 of this thread but I suspect they were in post #2, the contents of which have been deleted.

    Any chance you could post above rates for those who have not moved their money out yet?
    Dagobert
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.