IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parked in someone else's bay instead of allocated

Comments

• Hi

Can someone please look at my timeline from MCOL and explain to me if One Parking Solutions have submitted their DQ late?

Also the claim against me was struck out but the re-instated. How can this happen?

To make matters worse on my DQ I took advice and ticked NO to mediation but on checking back my DQuestionaire NO and YES are both selected so today I have received an email and a date for Mediation. Can someone please advise me on the timeline and if it just as simple as calling to have the mediation cancelled without issue?

The timeline copied from MCOL can be seen below.

A claim was issued against you on 06/12/2019

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 16/12/2019 at 21:37:43

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 17/12/2019 at 08:05:27

Your defence was received on 06/01/2020

DQ sent to you on 26/01/2020

You filed a DQ on 19/02/2020

General sanctions order was made on 21/02/2020

The claim issued against you was struck out on 11/03/2020

The claim issued against you was reinstated on 22/06/2020

DQ filed by claimant on 01/10/2020

Kind regards,

Hovenothappy!!!

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    we have seen plenty of these recently on here , so have a read of those other similar cases and read the advice in them
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 October 2020 at 5:26PM
    I know a particular lady who will be delighted to assist with OPS .... she goes by the name of coupon-mad, Very  scary for OPS

DO READ THESE

One Parking Solution warned by a Judge that they may face an application for a civil restraint order

One Parking Solutions -- QDR and LPC ...... SPANKED IN BRIGHTON COURT
    OPS have been warned that they face a Civil Restraint Order application by the court if they file a case like this again.  Judge Harvey made specific reference to ABUSE OF PROCESS
    THE THREAD LEADING UP TO THE CASE
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6010750/one-parking-solution-nltd-zzps-ltd-qdr-solicitors/p1
    THE JUDGMENT BY DISTRICT JUDGE HARVEY
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejv0ytejgnu4f57/One%20Parking%20Solution%20v%20Ms%20W%205%20Feb%202020.pdf?dl=0
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,443
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This looks to be a continuation of your earlier thread where you have already received a lot of guidance.

I suggest you PM a Board Guide - @soolin or @savvy - and ask them to merge your threads.
  • beamerguy 
    I will call up Tomorrow to get the mediation cancelled. Maybe I need to move my case to Brighton Court rather than Hove Court to have this thrown out by Judge Harvey.
    Does cancelling mediation go against me?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 5 October 2020 at 7:12PM
    beamerguy 
    I will call up Tomorrow to get the mediation cancelled. Maybe I need to move my case to Brighton Court rather than Hove Court to have this thrown out by Judge Harvey.
    Does cancelling mediation go against me?
    Hopefully coupon-mad will be along soon. It is your right to have a fair hearing and mediation is not,  Think about the wives of Henty VIII ?   If you can refuse this please do.
    Judge Harvey is on a circuit and it does not mean he will hear your case.
    Coupon-mad will give the very best advice

Your decision NOT to do mediation is your legal right and there is no reason to go against you.
    Covid is causing this problem because the courts cannot cope
  • Thanks @beamerguy
    I had started to think that this had all gone away because of lockdown!! Coupon-mad had offered to help me last time as I was in her area. Hopefully it can go away because they took so long to file their DQ! I'm sure if I was late filing my DQ I would be punished!
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,496
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

This is not a fine, this is an invoice from a scammer, possible an ex-clamper for compensation for the damage they allege they suffered as a reslt of your dastedly behaviour. Pay them not a penny unless a judge orders you to.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, sometimes it can lead to cancellation.,

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, and darfts have beenopened for publc consulatation,

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these companies, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, under new legislation but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/

Please also read these and have your say

https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section

You do not need to register to comment on the enforcement framework which can be found here. It has a link on page 5 to make comments.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/913272/Code_Enforcement_Framework_consultation.pdf

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,169
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    This was posted by @Coupon-mad in response to the large number (as @Redx states) of stays being lifted - seemingly without the claimant paying a fee - so it might not fit your situation completely but you can take some advice from it and the thread is linked also.
    Please also complete the response to the consultation and at least add in your concerns about resurrected stayed parking claims as you have first hand knowledge.  https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2020-00193#/section
    You will have to register and log-in but it is important that Government know how we all feel about this important issue.
    Write a complaint to the CCBC about this 2018 case being resurrected and that you believe the Claimant has not paid to lift the stay, and that your research has found out this has been happening in the past two weeks, en masse, so what is going on and why has the CCBC allowed dormant cases to be restarted without a court fee, yet expects consumers to pay to object to this injustice? 
    State that this is a formal complaint and you wish for your letter/email to be put before a Judge because this is not justice and no application should be needed, if the Claimant parking firms have somehow been allowed to get away without one.
    Say that you assume this is a procedural error affecting lots of parking cases and no stays should be lifted after all these years, and certainly not without the Claimants paying £100 a time, or preferably £255 for a hearing.   Clearly this has been done by stealth in the hope consumers have moved house or are badly affected by the lockdown and will get a default CCJ now.
    Beginning of thread
  • Is C-m away on holiday? (She last visited the forum on 24 September at 1:39PM according to her profile).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback