We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…181182183184186

Comments

  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 30 July 2025 at 6:57AM
    Thanks alt and SH - Sunday's sound like the future to me !! nearly there!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Humboldt
    Humboldt Posts: 670 Forumite
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hi @mark55man, great update.  Having visitors is wonderful, but I must admit to enjoying the peace and settling back into my simple routine when they leave.  Congratulations on the weight loss.  Love that you are planning a trip away to celebrate your part time ness, after all it is an important milestone.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Thank you Humboldt

    Family visiting has quietened down and nice to have a weekend to ourselves.  

    Last full week of being super busy and its all gone well except was not helped by a tummy upset - don't think it was stress related as busy but not stressful. I actually enjoy working at full tilt (just not for too long)

    in related news I seem to have lost another kilo over the last two weeks.  SO I will take that as a bonus - I think being a little uncertain of your digestion helps wonderfully in moderating your food choices :smile:

    Just chilling at the moment with a large sp0rtsd1rect mug of tea - starting my hydration early
     
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,818 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I love how a sp0rtsd1rect mug has become a form of measure … a bit like blue whales or elephants 😊

    KK
    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 70 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 1st October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 7,934 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic
    or double decker buses, swimming pools, and football pitches
    4/10/25Three Years Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢
    No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Love the random comments. 

    Good luck with reducing your hours..   exciting times 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    another week over - big project finished as far as I am involved - there will be follow up but ironically although the follow up is bigger I will be less involved so that's good

    I am still feeling a bit queasy and out of sorts - lucky its been a quiet few days.  Will try and get out today - a bit stir crazy - thank goodness fr trashy literature and my kindle

    In related news I have lost another kilo so I am now nearly half way to my next target of 200lbs

    Not much to say really so will leave it there wishing everyone happy rest of summer holidays and hello Autumn
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Well done on the sustained weight loss 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.