New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Boot 50% sale has started online

121 replies 29.3K views
kipperskippers Forumite
2K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭
For anyone who cant face the January 70% in store ‘gift set battle’....the boots 50% sale has started on line:

https://www.boots.com/offers/sale/christmas-gift-sale
:j :j :j :j :j

Replies

• sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    15.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

Link to all of the up to 50% sale

https://www.boots.com/sale
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse PPR
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a quick scroll through the first 180 items priced low-high, and exactly none met Martin's Money Mantras.

Boots is just contributing to environmental wastage.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    kippers wrote: »
    For anyone who cant face the January 75% in store ‘gift set battle’....the boots 50% sale has started on line:

https://www.boots.com/offers/sale/christmas-gift-sale

75% hasn't happened for a few years now, it was reduced to 70%.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kipperskippers Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    75% hasn't happened for a few years now, it was reduced to 70%.

Original post edited XXX
    :j :j :j :j :j
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the fact this thread has 4 posts it’s obvious that the boots stuff is not as popular as it was in years gone by. I remember this thread being over 100 pages long one year especially as it got closer to the 75% off which is now “only” 70%
    :money::rotfl::T
  • BaskcmBaskcm Forumite
    45 posts
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Judging by the fact this thread has 4 posts it’s obvious that the boots stuff is not as popular as it was in years gone by. I remember this thread being over 100 pages long one year especially as it got closer to the 75% off which is now “only” 70%

As someone who used to work in boots I can say its probaly true each year less and less.people shopped there and when they did it was only to get the boxing day sales.

Plus with the annoyance of the 3 for 2 going on and off I know many people where out off shopping with them. Plus most of the products are cheap tat anyhow
  • moneysaver890moneysaver890 Forumite
    181 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Are we thinking end of the month for the 70% sale again this year? :)
    Cannot believe how quiet the forums are about the sale in the last couple of years compared to how it used to be!
  • sampan26sampan26 Forumite
    640 posts
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    I haven't shopped in Boots as much, but that's because i am waiting for the 70% off sale.
    I am hoping its end of the month.
    I should there will be a 90% judging by the forum comments and amount of stock!
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot believe how quiet the forums are about the sale in the last couple of years compared to how it used to be!

I think the switching about of the discounts this year probably encouraged a number of shoppers just to go elsewhere before Christmas so Boots lost interest overall in their product lines.

Plus the change to the 70% off timing last year rightly or wrongly annoyed people who'd specifically booked time off to go so again, Boots have lost interest there. Bit of a double whammy for them really. Plus many people are done with the Xmas sales by the end of Jan - they've either bought what they want at other stores (who by then do have 70% - 90%) of bought in the 50% sale.

I guess last year was a bit like Next delaying their Boxing Day sale by a week without any expectation that would happen.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    15.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last year was 1st feb.

14 Jan 2009
    20 Jan 2010
    19 Jan 2011
    18 Jan 2012
    16 Jan 2013
    15 Jan 2014
    14 Jan 2015
    13 Jan 2016
    20 Jan 2017 INSTORE ONLY
    19 Jan 2018 INSTORE ONLY
    1st Feb 2019 INSTORE ONLY
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com