Pip award review

Comments

• Fumar
    Fumar Posts: 19
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think you have to cantcope

It took me longer then that last time and so i have just started , i figure one question a day is more then i can handle but it has to be done . Its wxhausting , dibilitating and shaming to have to keep going over my problem . I hate it

Good luck with your form when it comes
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,847
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Just to say, I agree with poppy and shel.

It is safer to explain why and how you can't do the relevant descriptors to an acceptable standard, in a reasonable time period etc. Enclose any recent supporting evidence - this could include confirmation from carers / family members of the care they provide for you around the PIP activities.

At my CAB we do see cases where at assessment PIP awards have been removed / reduced even when the no change / worse boxes have been ticked on the AR1 form.

One clear advantage of fully explaining on the form, is that it helps at appeal stage (should that unfortunate step be necessary).
    The appeal bundle will have your original PIP2 form, the previous assessment granting you the award, hopefully some supporting evidence, your AR1 form explaining that your condition hasn't improved and why and how the PIP descriptors apply. The latest (flawed) assessment can then be shown to be inconsistent, and inaccurate.
    The usual ATOS (IAS) / Capita / Maximus reliance on informal observations on the day, MSE serial sevens etc, and generalised cut and paste repetitions ('good eye contact', 'not seeing a mental health practitioner', etc) then makes their assessments even less credible as evidence.

I would suggest typing the pages on additional sheets (for both PIP2 and AR1), this makes it easy to review and amend, legible, and consistent. Save these in a [computer] folder and then subsequent forms can be based on them.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • Fumar
    Forumite
    Thanks alice

I dont have a computer and i dont like going out . So i am spending my evening reading what i put on the original form and depending if they have or have not changed i begin my answer with “ no change from july 2017 ... i then write as much as i can in the tiny box before ending with please see extra notes page 2 .

Then on that page 2 i write a discription of what i cant do and the assistance i get . How long it takes for the process to be completed and what would happen if i didnt have the assistance .

Its lengthy and my hand and back aches . Its mind numbing espeshally when nothing has got better or worse then the last time they assesed me .

They did base my award on a paper decision though last time and it was for 4 years but i know that doesnt mean anything and i cant go by that
  • We returned my OH's review 4 weeks ago, giving examples etc, yesterday she got a tele call from a DWP DM, he spoke to her for about 15 minutes going through some of the questions then said thats all ok I can award you what you are getting now for two years, wasn't expecting that and it was/is a nice xmas present, as fully expected a face2face in the new year followed by an eight week wait for a decision, he actually apologised for not being able to increase the award.
  • Fumar
    Forumite
    My form isn’t due back till the 25th of jan so I’ve got plenty of time which I feel with Christmas on the horizon is needed .

Hopefully it should be complete by around the 17th and I’ll send it sighned for delivery .

I feel I have more extra information notes from doctors etc then I did last time and I’m filling it out truthfully so I can only hope this assesor is very much like the last one because although they have guidelines to follow I’m sure it differed between assessors what one thinks is more eligible then the other
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,709
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fumar wrote: »
    Hopefully it should be complete by around the 17th and I’ll send it sighned for delivery .
    That will be a waste of time and money to send it next day delivery because it means nothing. It will be singed for by someone from Royal Mail and could be anywhere in the building. It doesn't mean it's reached DWP and it's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer. Proof of posting is just as good and it's free.

All mail going to DWP goes through mail sorting process and can take 10 working days to be added to the computer. As there's a weekend in that date, i'd aim to send in a few days before, just to be safe.
  • Lizzbet
    Lizzbet Posts: 13 Forumite
    When I have to fill in renewal forms I always start from scratch but refer to my copies of previous forms to help me remember to include everything. I also have to take it very slowly as I can only write a short amount at a time, but I do mention this in a covering letter as it helps to show what effect the disability has. I would agree that it's vital to include every scrap of information that is relevant to the questions; see the relevant section at https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-help/benefits-information/factsheets/factsheets-alphabetical-order to help you work out what is relevant to each section. Good luck!
  • Fumar
    Forumite
    So pip said they were extending my deadline to the 25th on the phone but I received a letter reminding me it had to be back by the 11th and so sent it via the post office with a receipt for proof of postage Wednesday ... now the waiting game begins ��
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,709
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fumar wrote: »
    So pip said they were extending my deadline to the 25th on the phone but I received a letter reminding me it had to be back by the 11th
    This always happens because the letter is automatically generated by the computer and even though you were given the extension the computer doesn't know that and still "thinks" your date is the 11th. A note will have been put onto the computer stating the extension was given.

As you only sent it Wednesday it can take 10 working days to be added to the computer, so it wouldn't have arrived by today anyway. Remember post going to DWP has to go through a mail sorting process and this take time.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,249
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Is this new thinner form the one that is sent out to pensioners now?

My OH (who is an OAP) is due for review in August and I was wondering what would happen then in view of the change that Amber Rudd brought in before leaving.

His overall health has actually worsened since the original award was made, but we had intended to just put "no change in condition" rather than have to go through the ordeal of another face to face.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport