Forum Home » Marriage, Relationships & Families

Things the opposite Sex do which they think is Attractive but isn't?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Things the opposite Sex do which they think is Attractive but isn't?

82 replies 11.8K views
JackCorkJackCork Forumite
244 posts
First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭
What is one thing the opposite sex does which they think is really attractive but in reality is a bit of a turn off?

Replies

• bertiewhitebertiewhite Forumite
    1.9K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Females pouting when taking selfies.
  • gozaimasugozaimasu Forumite
    540 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    :rotfl:
    Females pouting when taking selfies.

:rotfl:
    Surely they don't actually think this is attractive? Short of few brain cells. But hey, there are some men who love the thick types who plaster themselves in make-up.
    Forum etiquette - Be nice to all moneysavers.
  • gozaimasugozaimasu Forumite
    540 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    In men:
    * Grunting in the gym
    * Revving car engines

* Blaring loud music with windows down

Only certain types of uneducated men do this. The young neddish types who've probably borrowed their parent's car. How are women even attracted to these runts?! I honestly don't understand how some utterly repulsive people get laid. And how ugly their parents must've been to produce such a disgusting specimen. That's not just physical looks, also behavioural tendencies.
    Forum etiquette - Be nice to all moneysavers.
  • gomergomer Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Asking my boyfriend if he wants to go out for a drink. If it's a drink they are after I'll gladly get the dog to pee on a glass for them.
  • spadooshspadoosh Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    gomer wrote: »
    Asking my boyfriend if he wants to go out for a drink. If it's a drink they are after I'll gladly get the dog to pee on a glass for them.

Trying to tell jokes that make no sense.
  • gomergomer Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Trying to tell jokes that make no sense.

That's because it wasn't a joke. My bf is a bus driver. Someone asked him out for a drink. I'm quite happy to pour her a glass of dog pee if she wants a drink. He's gay. He's my bf. Not hers. She can naff off. She's also fat....
  • Owain_MoneysaverOwain_Moneysaver Forumite
    11K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drawing eyebrows half way up their forehead
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • borkidborkid Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beards on men, it seems to have become a trend over the last couple of years and on most looks awful.

Similarly with overweight women who who wear clothes one size too small, bare midriff and wear a short skirt.
  • spadooshspadoosh Forumite
    8.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    gomer wrote: »
    That's because it wasn't a joke. My bf is a bus driver. Someone asked him out for a drink. I'm quite happy to pour her a glass of dog pee if she wants a drink. He's gay. He's my bf. Not hers. She can naff off. She's also fat....

I was going to go with 'in jokes' or talking about things of which they understand yet neglect to think that everyone else is not in their head and thus doesnt get them.

Shouldve just gone with making no sense.