First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    £6.49 for an IEC cable? :eek:
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks. Your order was placed.
    You may receive multiple packages for your order starting Wed, 11 Dec.
    We'll send you a confirmation email soon.

Not quite Mon or Tues though hopefully I'll take delivery at some point next week.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »

Quite happy to think I almost drove myself mad trying to source an Acer bracket last night.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Screwfix charges £7 for a 2m IEC mains cable, so £6.49 is hardly outrageous.
    UK PLUG TO IEC CABLE 2M

That said, I'd rather give £7 to Screwfix on the grounds that Screwfix arguably has some reputation to protect and so might take some care about the quality of electrical items it sells than give £6.49 to some Ebay seller who is guaranteed to sell only the cheapest rubbish they can get from China.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    UK PLUG TO IEC CABLE 2M

That said, I'd rather give £7 to Screwfix on the grounds that Screwfix arguably has some reputation to protect and so might take some care about the quality of electrical items it sells than give £6.49 to some Ebay seller who is guaranteed to sell only the cheapest rubbish they can get from China.

Never thought of screwfix their home maintenance products are quality.
    Mse user recommended spray away- what powerful stuff that is has the power to almost destroy internal damp on a wall or two, and staff are very helpful.
  • that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    Dandytf, you left you postcode on the ebay listing picture? :)

I'm with Doam, that was an expensive iec cable. I am sure there are companies that throw hundreds of these away a year and they are brand new, because when a new pic is installed it is easier to use the existing cables.
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2019 at 7:15AM
    Options
    that wrote: »
    Dandytf, you left you postcode on the ebay listing picture? :)

I'm with Doam, that was an expensive iec cable. I am sure there are companies that throw hundreds of these away a year and they are brand new, because when a new pic is installed it is easier to use the existing cables.

We send boxes of them to our WEEE recycler each month together with the cables with Euro plugs on that come with each bit of kit.

People don't want to use the new ones because their old ones are already routed through their desks to the power sockets
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,286 Forumite
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    UK PLUG TO IEC CABLE 2M

Plenty for less than a fiver on amazon
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Why I have selection of twin rather than triple cabled I'm not sure.
    I think I've another adaptor to purchase.
    Almost certain it's usb to vga female though need to re check next week as monitor connects VGA to laptop usb which allows dual screen setup.
  • that
    that Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2019 at 8:53PM
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    We send boxes of them to our WEEE recycler each month
    Our weee recyclers charge us for taking our new still bagged and tagged stuff, but the office general 'paper?' recylers do not:) , and at about 2000-4000 new pcs a year they mount up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure