edited 3 December 2019 at 2:43PM in Debt Free Diaries
258 replies 12K views

Replies

• EyebrightEyebright Forumite
    1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    Poppy1984 wrote: »
    Thanks eyebright! Hopefully I can get some more moved into the EF and fingers crossed no emergencies until it's built back up!

I think we're all crossing our fingers atm for no emergencies until we have our EF's up and running!:rotfl:
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Poppy1984Poppy1984 Forumite
    490 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    Wooooooo woooooo my debt total has just gone into the next thousand bracket. £17,697 Literally cannot wait until it's in the £15,000's.

No overpayments this month, need to concentrate on topping my EF back up to £300 first. So it's going to take a little while to get there.
    19-02-18 Total Debt £30,322
    Debt remaining: £11,728
    Original DFD Aug 2024 New DFD Dec 2022
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Well I haven't got a lot to add to my diary really. I'm just kind of plodding on. I have listed a few bits on ebay so any money I make from that I will put into my emergency fund.

My zipzero is building up nicely just over £6 in there at the moment so when that reaches £10 I'm going to add that to one of my bills, I haven't decided which one yet and transfer the £10 I would have spent on the bill to my EF.

Prolific has £7.83 in it at the moment so waiting for that to reach £10 also. Hopefully not too far off if I can get a couple of studies approved this week.

Other than that I'm just trying to keep spends to an absolute minimum. I need to do a full meal plan and big shop and some batch cooking as that always helps me keep the groceries spends down. I managed to get to Sunday before I spent any of my wages (I got paid on Wednesday) so I was really happy with that, if I can do that every pay day try and eek it out for as long as possible that would be really good.

No luck on the job front at the minute, they seem to be very few and far between in my line of work so I'm just going to keep keeping an eye out.

Trying to stay positive today despite it being "blue Monday"
  • EyebrightEyebright Forumite
    1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    I just read about it being "blue Monday", surprisingly I'm feeling quite chipper today. I think I had my blue Monday a couple of weeks ago! I think today should be called "cold Monday, cos I'm freezing today!

What's Zipzero please? Sounds interesting? I'm at £11ish on Prolific, sitting on it for now, but maybe when it gets up to £20 I'll throw it at the loan.
    Plodding on is boring but good! Well done on not dipping into your wages until Sunday. :D
    I have to write a meal plan and associated shopping list on my to-do list for tonight too! Hoping to keep it as low as possible as reducing my grocery spends is my top target for making some savings in the budget that can free up money for my saving pots and overpaying the loan.

Good luck on the job hunting front. Maybe there will be an uptick in jobs available in the next few months, as a lot of places will be doing their budgets and forecasts for the next financial year, and I know where I work that's when the business cases to take on new staff get approved. :)
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Eyebright wrote: »
    I just read about it being "blue Monday", surprisingly I'm feeling quite chipper today. I think I had my blue Monday a couple of weeks ago! I think today should be called "cold Monday, cos I'm freezing today!

What's Zipzero please? Sounds interesting? I'm at £11ish on Prolific, sitting on it for now, but maybe when it gets up to £20 I'll throw it at the loan.
    Plodding on is boring but good! Well done on not dipping into your wages until Sunday. :D
    I have to write a meal plan and associated shopping list on my to-do list for tonight too! Hoping to keep it as low as possible as reducing my grocery spends is my top target for making some savings in the budget that can free up money for my saving pots and overpaying the loan.

Good luck on the job hunting front. Maybe there will be an uptick in jobs available in the next few months, as a lot of places will be doing their budgets and forecasts for the next financial year, and I know where I work that's when the business cases to take on new staff get approved. :)

Good luck with your budget for shopping I keep talking about doing a meal plan/ shopping list but I still haven't actually done one, must crack on with that!

Zipzero is a receipt scanning app a bit like shoppix, but rather than cashing the money out when it has built up you nominate a direct debit for a utility bill for it to go against. I've not got that far with it yet.

Thank you, I think you're probably right about that, hopefully some new opportunities will become available soon :)
  • debtfreefrom2020debtfreefrom2020 Forumite
    30 posts
    10 Posts
    Poppy1984 wrote: »
    Wooooooo woooooo my debt total has just gone into the next thousand bracket. £17,697 Literally cannot wait until it's in the £15,000's.

No overpayments this month, need to concentrate on topping my EF back up to £300 first. So it's going to take a little while to get there.

Hi Poppy, I've been quietly following your story with interest as there are parallels with mine! Just wanted to say congratulations for going down a debt bracket! I've just experienced something similar and it is a small but very encouraging win along the way isn't it! Keep going! :T
    Dec 19 - £12,366 (Barclaycard - £4,677, HSBC - £7,277, Halifax - £412)
    Aug 20 - DEBT FREE!!!!
    Eternally grateful to everyone on this forum for their amazing advice and honesty, you're a wonderful bunch
  • SuperFrank88SuperFrank88 Forumite
    223 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Hi Poppy,

Thought it was time I posted on your diary as you kindly post on mine :)

When you do your meal plan, would you be so kind to throw some ideas on here so that I can pinch from you ;)

Good luck with the job hunting too. Hope something comes your way real soon so you can smash that £15k barrier down.

Frank :beer:
    LBM - 20/12/2019
    Emergency Fund Challenge no.32 £2155.55 / £6,000 (35.9%)
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi Poppy, I've been quietly following your story with interest as there are parallels with mine! Just wanted to say congratulations for going down a debt bracket! I've just experienced something similar and it is a small but very encouraging win along the way isn't it! Keep going! :T

Hi DFF2020 thanks for popping by!
    Thank you I'm so happy to be in the next thousand bracket :D can't wait for the next one!!!

Poppy :heart:
    490 posts
    ✭✭
    Hi Poppy,

Thought it was time I posted on your diary as you kindly post on mine :)

When you do your meal plan, would you be so kind to throw some ideas on here so that I can pinch from you ;)

Good luck with the job hunting too. Hope something comes your way real soon so you can smash that £15k barrier down.

Frank :beer:

Hi Frank thanks for popping by!
    Well I didn't get very far with my meal planning but when I do I'll add some ideas on here.

Thank you, I keep looking but a lot of the work is a lot lower pay than what I'm earning now which is no good for me I need to be earning more.

490 posts
    ✭✭
    Well I've just managed to cash out £11 on prolific so that's gone straight to my EF. Which now stands at £56/ £300.

My zipzero app is on just over £7 so hoping that will get to £10 soonish.

Waiting on a couple of bits selling on eBay so fingers crossed I'll have a little bit of profit from them to throw at the EF too.

Nothing much else to report on the debt busting really just trying to keep spends as low as possible this month. I'd love to have my EF back up to £300 by next pay day (14th feb) then I can carry on with my loan overpayments and get it to that £15,000 as quick as possible I feel like that'll be such a huge achievement for to get my debt total to £15,000 from £30,322 it'll be the below half way point for me.