IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Judgement Received

Options

Comments

• Blue1133
    Options
    thanks for the response, I am confident in filling it out etc, just whether it has to be the same issuing court i.e if it is Northampton, can I just enter the local court on there or must it be Northampton for example, and the n posted to the local. I'm struggling to find out these finer points from the post before the WS and am concerned may be running out of time. The threads I have been reading seem to have it all ready to go pretty much off the bat and can't seem to find out the administrative aspects to make sure the case is heard i.e all it says is ensure you enclose correct fee, also says ensure you have enough copies (do I send them in with the form or do they mean for me to serve on the claimant and the representatives as well as the court)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can take it to your local court and pay there if you want.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Blue1133
    Blue1133 Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 18 December 2019 at 12:05PM
    Options
    Word of advice - some local County Courts simply have a dropbox - there is nobody to hand the papers to, merely a security guard that points to the box, and says it is an internal post box. They only take postal orders or cheques for the fee - no chip and pin payments, no cash payments. Postal order I was told HMCTS was the name to address it to and when getting a postal order make sure your card limit is more than £250 or you have the cash to make up the difference! very lucky I had some cash on me, it is keyed as a cash withdrawal.

Did postage to claimant, and dropped in two copies to the court in one envelope - N Form with Postal Order/WS/Draft Order/Evidence and the second copy has the proof of postage duplicate print from post office with a note to say proof of postage to claimant. Whether that was correct or not, I have no idea, did the best I could with the various information I had to hand! Let's see how it goes.

The above is part of the reason so many do not bother challenging - it is a minefield for some people who have to make a decision between taking a morning off work and losing money/not being able to pay a bill, and then having to go 'round the houses' getting postal orders last minute, it all adds up to one big hassle for a lot of people, a truly disgusting act that a ccj is given for something as minor as a parking charge notice
  • Blue1133
    First Post
    edited 19 December 2019 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Papers laid as mentioned, this week. Yesterday received SAR response with alleged PCN, and photos of car/something stuck on the car assuming that's the pcn/photo of what looks like an out of date permit on car/illegible signage/one blank image, however anything relating to a permit being owned is mysteriously omitted instead they have asked for further proof in order to disclose this information - any ideas whether I can push for this/how to go about this/worth doing?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    they have asked for further proof
    Further proof of what? If you submitted a SAR with the relevant proof of who you are and they haven't supplied ALL your data, including ALL photos (legible with a date/time stamp) then a complaint to the ICO is in order. Tell the PPC what you are doing and give them one final chance to supply ALL your data.
  • Blue1133
    First Post
    edited 19 December 2019 at 4:42PM
    Options
    My question is - can this be used to enforce the CCJ i.e debt collectors/warrant etc?

provided no proof of id to them yet they have given photos of the car and a letter to the address image which would be the so called follow up asking for £80
  • Le_Kirk
    Options
    Blue1133 wrote: »
    requesting proof of vehicle ownership
    Surely you sent that with the initial submission! Nothing to be lost by sending it again, however, if you are sure you sent it first time (and your e-mail SENT folder will show you) complain to ICO.
  • Blue1133
    Options
    Nothing was sent, yet still got the info!
  • Le_Kirk
    Options
    Blue1133 wrote: »
    Nothing was sent, yet still got the info!
    OK, no complaint (yet) just send the proof - normally V5C.
  • Blue1133
    Options
    Car isn't owned anymore though
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family