We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2019

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 5,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    UU today
    15ml Merumaya Eye Cream 2/84

I have added another item to PP list,
    30ml Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Shot - Not too keen on this, a little too sticky for me, so going to add it to body moisturiser and get it finished. I have another one, but not sure yet what I will do with it:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from yesterday:

The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Body Lotion 200ml WDBA. This is lovely. Absorbs quite quickly, but it's thicker than their other body lotions.

One TA as well:

Superdrug Little Moisturising Blue Stick Lip Balm 4.8g This was mostly done, but I don't want to risk using it in case I've contaminated it when I had a cold sore.

Two INs today:

Nivea Pearl & Beauty Deodorant 50ml
    Colgate Total Original Toothpaste 125ml

Some essentials that were at good prices, so I'm ready for when I finish both my current deodorant and toothpaste.
  • pinkfluffybabe
    Options
    Report on December so far.

UU:

Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo. WBA. Really like this, makes my hair silky and smells nice.

Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner. WBA. As above.

E45 Body Lotion Spray. WNBA. Bought the blue one but usually buy the red, found it left me a bit sticky.

Lancer The Polish. WNBA. A bit too scrubby for my skin. Think it was a sample.

IN:

Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo
    Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner

Bought an Aveda set in the Black Friday sale which meant the shampoo and conditioner were cheaper than buying separately and you got a free mini paddle brush.
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 21/53 UU, 18 IN
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Report on December so far.

UU:

Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo. WBA. Really like this, makes my hair silky and smells nice.

Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner. WBA. As above.

E45 Body Lotion Spray. WNBA. Bought the blue one but usually buy the red, found it left me a bit sticky.

Lancer The Polish. WNBA. A bit too scrubby for my skin. Think it was a sample.

IN:

Aveda Cherry Almond Shampoo
    Aveda Cherry Almond Conditioner

Bought an Aveda set in the Black Friday sale which meant the shampoo and conditioner were cheaper than buying separately and you got a free mini paddle brush.

I always want to try more expensive haircare following my previous love of the L’Occitane Repairing shampoo but it’s the one aspect of beauty products that I baulk at the price of. Maybe I’ll look out for this next Black Friday.

I agree with you about the E45 cream. The red one is much better but I think it’s discontinued.

I really enjoyed a sample of Lancer when I tried it but it’s too expensive. I now use a chemical exfoliant instead and see much better results. Speaking of which, I’ve noticed in the last couple of days how glory my skin is looking after applying a Vitamin C serum I got in a beauty box. Think I’ll have to look into more of this.

Finally, a UU - 1L size bottle of ABC Skincare Skin Wash. I’m starting with this horrible cold that’s doing the rounds. MRM has had I, my boss at work is off with it and yesterday myself and 3 other people at work were suffering so I got home last night drew a hot bath and chuckled the last of this bottle in. Helped me breathe easier. Am up now. Feeling snotty (sorry, TMI) but will make it in. Have a replacement in stash too.

I opened today’s advent calendar a few days ago as I knew there was a mini lipgloss in it that I already have a full size of and have given the mini to a friend as part of her Christmas gift.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    edited 18 December 2019 at 3:57PM
    Options
    TA
    Maybelline contour and highlighter - has big pan on contour powder from ages ago, but don’t use often anymore and think I would like to buy a liquid contour. Been using highlighter more recently but it’s too glittery for every day use and I don’t feel like keeping it for occasional use. Counting as 2 TA.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,858 Forumite
    Options
    UU Orly Sec n Dry quick dry top coat. Have replaced.

The stopper is out of my MAC lipgloss. Hopefully will be done soon.

Went into Superdrug at lunch and bought a couple of gifts. Got myself a Maybelline lip liner to match my Jeffree Star lip lacquer and picked up 3 foot masks (3 for 2). Wearing one pair now.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    UU today

I have added another item to PP list,
    30ml Nip + Fab Dragon's Blood Hyaluronic Shot - Not too keen on this, a little too sticky for me, so going to add it to body moisturiser and get it finished. I have another one, but not sure yet what I will do with it:(

I use this one by mixing with my facial cream. I try to use half a pea size each time otherwise I also think it feels sticky.

Sold a pair of false eyelashes yesterday and posted today. 1 out from LF beauty box this month.

5 INs from Nip-Fab. They had their £5 offer so I bought Dragon Blood essence mix x2 , Party Fixing Spray, Glycolic Serum and Unicorn Essence. I always wanted to try the Unicorn Essence and the rest will get used.
    ally.
  • dawn1980
    Options
    Some UU's
    Soft and gentle cotton fresh deoderant. WDBA
    The last Primark vitamin A mask.
    And finally.....drumroll please....I finished the Paul Smith Rose perfume.

Still haven't used the foot cream so you can see why I won't be replacing it.
  • maddiemay
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    I use this one by mixing with my facial cream. I try to use half a pea size each time otherwise I also think it feels sticky.

5 INs from Nip-Fab. They had their £5 offer so I bought Dragon Blood essence mix x2 , Party Fixing Spray, Glycolic Serum and Unicorn Essence. I always wanted to try the Unicorn Essence and the rest will get used.

Thanks, I will add the Nip+Fab serum to my face cream too, after having a horrid cold the skin on my neck and arms seems really dry, so it will be good to add some extra hydration.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • maddiemay
    Options
    UU today

14 ml Jessica Phenomen Oil 3/85 (I have several other oils in the stash)
    150ml Superdrug Trichology Scalp Tonic 4/86 (I have another ready to use.)

9 items left on PP list, hopefully I will manage most of them:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure