Esa question

Options
124»

Comments

• Anthonyk900
    Options
    Yeah if theirs a change in circumstance which I moved out in Feb I had to sign onto universal credit but you still get esa but lower payment and the universal credit top it up and pay part of your rent so you still have to use the universal credit jounal to co operate with them like if they send you messages
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anthonyk900 - It's good you go to your GP. My suggestion is Talking therapies (CBT, etc). Ask your GP to refer you to a Psychiatrist and fully explain the problems with mental health. This should go in your favour. Please also look at messages #24 and #27, this will help by poppy12345.
  • Anthonyk900
    Options
    Well I’m waiting to see talking matters theirs a wait tho they are talking therapy and when I next see my doctor should I ask about Psychiatrist?
  • Anthonyk900
    Options
    I had a phone appointment with talking matters and they mentioned starting cbt but I’m just waiting for a date to start working with them should I mention this in the appeal if the mr comes back the same decision?
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Normally GP or hospital doctor will refer you to a Psychiatrist. I am too sure if anyone else refer you. Your GP will know results from Talking Matters, CBT, etc. Some people suffer so much from mental health and keep quiet, and end up killing themselves. It's a terrible disease. Make sure you are honest with MH people. I had neurosurgery, and now suffer from epilepsy and MH.
  • Anthonyk900
    Options
    Thank you for the information hopefully I can get somewhere with talking matters and cbt as I say if decision comes back the same as before for my esa and they keep me in lcw I will appeal and hopefully I’m getting talking therapy and cbt so that can go for me at appeal but atm I’m worried sick with bills and I’m not going to lie my head is all over the place all this is just more stress but nothing I can do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure