How can I cancel my 3 contract?

Options

Comments

• daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    No network provides guaranteed coverage for indoors my wife has the exact same problem with 3 at her work and gets zero signal so any signal which you get is better than none.

Anyone should before committing to any 2 year contract should grab a couple of PAYG sims and do their own coverage check as even the online ones are a guide only and cannot ever be 100% accurate.
  • mjh1607
    Options
    Just in case anyone was interested I went into the 3 store today and they exchanged the phone and if I still have the same problem I am able to go back and they will disconnect with no charge. All was fine as I was within my 7 days.
  • daleski75
    Options
    You are very lucky as normally if you enter ANY contract in store you do not get the 7 day cooling off period so I would cancel ASAP!
  • mjh1607
    Options
    The assistant manager dealt with the problem and she said they have a 7 day cooling off. So, this might be worth noting for everyone.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 January 2012 at 8:12PM
    Options
    mjh1607 wrote: »
    So, this might be worth noting for everyone.
    Either she was wrong (or lied as they routinely do) or this shop is a rare exception. Normally, there is no any cooling off period in Three shops:
    www.three.co.uk/Smallprint/Advice_list/Advice_detail?content_aid=1214306945999
    If you've bought or upgraded your device in a 3Store we'll only be able to offer you an exchange. You can exchange your device within 7 days (starting from date of purchase) provided you haven’t used it and it is in an 'as new' condition (see above). If you bought an Apple device from a 3Store and removed the cellophane wrapping you won’t be able to exchange it.
  • daleski75
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Either she was wrong (or lied) or this shop is a rare exception. Normally, there is no any cooling off period in Three shops:
    https://www.three.co.uk/Smallprint/Advice_list/Advice_detail?content_aid=1214306945999

That's exactly what I thought and if I was the OP I would be down that 3store first thing tomorrow morning to speak to the manager and get them to cancel the agreement.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sounds a bit dodgy

they gave you an exchange -fine then told you you could cancel if that wasnt working

did you get that in writing
    What goes around-comes around
  • daleski75
    Options
    I would of thought the second the OP accepted the exchange it would null any cancellation so will be interesting to see if the OP can cancel the agreement.
  • selski99
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to the OP, received new iphone today but can't get any signal indoors despite 3's coverage checker showing no problems at my postcode.

As I ordered it online do I have a right to cancel my contract within 7 days?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    selski99 wrote: »
    As I ordered it online do I have a right to cancel my contract within 7 days?
    Well, it is 14 days, not 7, but
    Returning phones purchased online or by phone – 'distance sales'

If you’re a Three customer who purchased your phone at three.co.uk or from Three's own telephone sales team and you wish to return it, provided you have not used your phone, you can return it with its original boxed accessories to us in “as new” or “as sold” condition in its original box, along with your proof of purchase (or delivery note), within 14 days of delivery.
    This policy doesn't apply: 1. to customers who did not purchase their phone via Three’s own telesales team or via three.co.uk, or 2. to customers who have used their phone (this means that you may not personalise your phone in any way, or use any of the Three Services, or take photos or videos or load any data onto the phone). ...
    www.three.co.uk/Smallprint/Advice_list/Advice_detail?content_aid=1214306945999
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure