PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th November 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reporting back in. 3 hours to clean the kitchen!! And it’s not even a big kitchen. I won’t bore you, suffice to say a much needed level 3 achieved, including blinds and windows. I managed to snap my blind duster thingy from Land of Lakes, so I’ll have to get another one at some point. Having a break with a cuppa then it’s onwards to the LR.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello, only me!

Breakfast club duties done, chickens and goats both sorted, logburner on (DH even cleaned the glass door...will wonders never cease!?) , lounge hoovered and mopped and cobwebs hoovered. Been out to collect dog food and my prescription and popped in to see the elderly mother of one of my clients who is currently in hospital, to sort out getting their dog to the vets for his annual boosters etc.

Cup of tea while the WM finishes then I'm planning on blitzing the master bedroom.

3800 steps so far, after that, which apparently is a measly 169 calories burnt - doesn't seem enough, but there you go...
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    Options
    Lunch break.
    Whole house vacuumed. DD's bedding changed. Bathroom and downstairs toilet cleaned, en-suite given a s&s. All with the help of an eclectic mix of - among others -Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, Tears for Fears and Taylor Swift!!
    I’ve had enough now. I may have to collect DD shortly, otherwise I might have to do a HH paperwork. I do still have my knitting from last winter lurking somewhere....
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just having lunch break, weather was nice briefly here this morning, now chucking it down and freezing!
    WM x 2 run and on airer
    Yesterday’s laundry, folded and away or in airing cupboard ready for DH to iron as needed
    Dailies done
    Bathroom scrubbed to level 3
    S/s kitchen done
    Recycling put out to bin

After paid stuff I have a couple of emails to send, I think I will also do a bit more sorting of some ‘hidden’ areas, This evening DH is out so I think it will be book, blanket and hot water bottle again for me.

Have a lovely afternoon all x
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,925 Forumite
    Options
    Fayolle, you've done really well.

I have cleaned all the sides, tiles and switches in kitchen. Wiped all small appliances and had a bit of a change round of where things are kept. Been to exercise class.

Going to have a bath now while singing along to Rylan on radio 2 and then have a meeting to go to tonight.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bed d one
    WM done and finished
    Volunteering done...............

Small food shop done
    Sleep decluttered
    Bathroom done
    Hallway and cupboard under the stairs done
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Ah twinks flapjacky biscuity things, havent made them for ages. I can remember making batches and even freezing them once. To be fair there is only me and DH in the house so we dont really need to be eating too much sweet stuff.

DS still poorly but has gone back to work, too worried about losing his job to stay off. I need to step back a little and let him deal with this his own way, which is not easy.

Have hoovered and dusted, now curled up with the dog and the blanket, going to switch the laptop off and read.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening all

Paid stuff done
    Emails sent
    Big batch of soup made and portioned up for the freezer
    One shelf of one cupboard tidied and a few things in bag to donate
    Supper made, eaten and kitchen reset for tomorrow
    Sitting down now with book, blanket and a cat or two!

See you all tomorrow, hugs to those in need xx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I watched a christmas film, put £10 of change in bank, posted one tiny parcel, went to shop for food for dinner, cooked said dinner and did 2 loads of washing.. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with child maintenance people too.. CF under paying so they are going to have a word and see why.. fun times.. here goes the trouble and bad mouthing and general cf behaviour once again.. *yawn*
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    Good evening :D

I have had quite a productive day :j (by the law of averages, it had to happen one day! :rotfl:)

And I munched a frog! DS’s fit bit stopped working while we were on holibobs in August, 14 months after he bought it! Apparently it has happened to a few people :mad: They were less than helpful when he messaged them, and he was resigned to not having it, despite it being an expensive model! After some research, I found out it had a 2 year guarantee! I messaged them this evening, and they tried to argue it, but after not backing down & sending some product description screenshots, they are now sending a replacement! Needless to say DS is chuffed ;)

On that note, I’m going to bed! Goodnight all :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure