We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nifty November's NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,990 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well done beanielou :) List updated!
  • delta13
    delta13 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    first NSD! :)
    Save £12k in 2022 = £3705.97/ £7,500 (49%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #76 = £11,857.21/ £10,000 (118%)

• cathybird
    Options
    Yay delta13!! :) List updated :)
  • borollan
    borollan Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the Daily shop is food, a habit I picked up when I worked, calling at the local Neto (now an Asda) for our evening meal and anything else ....
    it has to stop, I retired early to care for my husband and the daily shop is now a joke, it means driving three miles to town, dogs insist on coming too, then they have to be walked so drive to country park near the shopping centre
    ��
    There’s perfectly lovely places to walk near our home

And of course, though I try and set a budget and stick to a list, there’s always something extra picked up when I do shop
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    NSD 1/10 and what a battle to make it a NSD! Driving teenagers past a McD0nalds and the ensuring outcry from one of the teenagers was tough going!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • cathybird
    Options
    borollan wrote: »
    the Daily shop is food, a habit I picked up when I worked, calling at the local Neto (now an Asda) for our evening meal and anything else ....
    it has to stop, I retired early to care for my husband and the daily shop is now a joke, it means driving three miles to town, dogs insist on coming too, then they have to be walked so drive to country park near the shopping centre
    ��
    There’s perfectly lovely places to walk near our home

And of course, though I try and set a budget and stick to a list, there’s always something extra picked up when I do shop

borollan, I find exactly the same as you, every time I go to the supermarket I buy things I didn't mean to ... They often do get eaten, so not wasted, but at the same time I didn't need them at the time. I like how your dogs insist on going too though, lol :)

NSD 1/10 and what a battle to make it a NSD! Driving teenagers past a McD0nalds and the ensuring outcry from one of the teenagers was tough going!

Crikey Honeysucklelou2, well done you!! :T:T:T
  • cathybird
    Options
    Today is going to be an NSD for me hopefully ... tomorrow certainly won't be, getting a tree surgeon to cut back a tree - long story. :)
  • delta13
    delta13 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today will be NSD 2 - going for a free day out to the museum, have a M&S voucher for treats, OH said he will buy anything needed for dinner as I tend to pay for everything when he's up here visiting (I will be leaving my purse at home!)
    Save £12k in 2022 = £3705.97/ £7,500 (49%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #76 = £11,857.21/ £10,000 (118%)

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 91,446 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD no 3 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • cathybird
    Options
    Well done delta13 and beanielou :) :T:T

List updated :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income