Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee?!

Options
Hi

Had a 4 day mini break with my bf and we had a bad time in our hotel. The bed was horrible, pillows etc!!! Came home and told my family who were too disappointed for us and said they we could ask for the:

Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee REFUND.

I never knew they even had one lol. Staff never mentioned this when we complained at the desk.
So I filled the online form out when I returned home and still waiting for someone to get back to me (been nearly 2 weeks now).

Has anyone got their money back on these? I had 4 nights away so do u get the full nights away refund?

Thank u in advance for ur help :) :j

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have had a refund for 1 night stay, without any hassle, not sure if that works the same for 4 nights though

you said the bed was horrible, pillows were horrible...what is etc?

Did you ask to change rooms/pillows/bed after the first night,
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We stayed one night in one....the bed was horrible, I didn't get a wink of sleep. I complained at reception on check-out, and they refunded my credit card there and then. They admitted that they hadn't yet had their refurbishment, and the roll-out of the new beds (this was a few years ago)

On the whole been very impressed, and that's the only problem we've ever had.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.38% of current retirement "pot" (as at end April 2024)
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you complain at the desk after the first nights sleep?
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We've been refunded twice. That was in the days when the guarantee was part of their sales pitch.

In neither case was the bed the problem. We use PI regularly and find them very good, especially for overnight before a flight. Last summer we paid a lot more for Clayton Hotel at Manchester Airport. Dreadful food, cold room and very noisy.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    What one person views as a great bed, someone else may find it very uncomfortable.

I've stayed in hotels abroad where people in the same accommodation have complained that the beds were too hard but they were perfect for me.
    Same for pillows.
    It's simply personal preference.

So what do you mean by 'horrible' and what do you mean by 'pillows etc'?
  • Emma.english.manchester.
    Emma.english.manchester. Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2019 at 1:22PM
    Options
    I've stayed in a lot of hotels overseas and im shocked at UK hotel quality. We got a refund when we complained. . We were only provided with one small pillow and bed was horrible quality. Told staff straight away and they couldn't change the room nor provide more pillows. We got a refund. The food however was top quality for the price!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I've stayed in a lot of hotels overseas and we got a refund. We were only provided with one small pillow and bed was horrible quality. Told staff straight away and they couldn't change the room nor provide more pillows. We got a refund. The food however was top quality for the price!

Do premier inn have hotels overseas
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I've stayed in a lot of hotels overseas and we got a refund. We were only provided with one small pillow and bed was horrible quality. Told staff straight away and they couldn't change the room nor provide more pillows. We got a refund. The food however was top quality for the price!
    But what is 'horrible quality'?
    Too hard?
    Too soft?
    Not thick enough?
    Stained?
    Saggy in the middle?
    Lumpy?

Pollycat wrote: »
    What one person views as a great bed, someone else may find it very uncomfortable.

I've stayed in hotels abroad where people in the same accommodation have complained that the beds were too hard but they were perfect for me.
    Same for pillows.
    It's simply personal preference.

So what do you mean by 'horrible' and what do you mean by 'pillows etc'?
  • brewthebear
    Options
    If you did not let them know straight away and ask for a room change then. I cannot see how you would be entitled to a refund especially not four days. It comes across as trying it on... You do not stay for four days and then decide to complain much later when a relative tells you to.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    If you did not let them know straight away and ask for a room change then. I cannot see how you would be entitled to a refund especially not four days. It comes across as trying it on... You do not stay for four days and then decide to complain much later when a relative tells you to.
    The OP did say they complained at the desk.
    -Cheryl- wrote: »
    Hi

Had a 4 day mini break with my bf and we had a bad time in our hotel. The bed was horrible, pillows etc!!! Came home and told my family who were too disappointed for us and said they we could ask for the:

Premier Inn Good Night Sleep Guarantee REFUND.

I never knew they even had one lol. Staff never mentioned this when we complained at the desk.
    So I filled the online form out when I returned home and still waiting for someone to get back to me (been nearly 2 weeks now).

Has anyone got their money back on these? I had 4 nights away so do u get the full nights away refund?

Thank u in advance for ur help :) :j
    We don't know at what point during the 4 day stay the complaint was made, how it was phrased and we don't know what response Premier Inn gave.
    Did they dismiss the complaint?
    Did they offer another room that the OP rejected?
    What?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport