New thread in this forum - Disabled discounts

Options
2»

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Actually, my fault as I shifted this thread from the Silver Savers Board as although the OP says a "new thread in this forum" I took it to mean a new board in the forum.

As disabled discounts don't just affect the over 50's I thought the suggestion deserved more views than the Silver Savers Board but personally I'm not sure where a sub forum for this would go.
    I should have thought it would fit fairly well as another board under 'MoneySaving for Who and Where You Are'?
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    THIS thread is titled 'money saving for carers', but contains information about free travel through tunnels and across bridges as well as all sorts of other discounts and freebies for the person who is disabled and/or their family members and/or carer. It's quite a long thread and has been running since Feb 2004 with the last posting in May this year.

A board for disabilities probably would be good rather than just having things on a long thread like that. It could go either in the benefits section or the who/where you are section.
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi

I know the discussion meandered onto the subject of a new board and wasn't aimed at that originally but I thought I'd just mention that we're not planning any new boards at the moment.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    I know the discussion meandered onto the subject of a new board and wasn't aimed at that originally but I thought I'd just mention that we're not planning any new boards at the moment.
    I understand there must be demands for 'special boards' all the time, Andrea, but next time there is any thought given to adding boards, perhaps they might consider one for Disabled MoneySaving.

There are several disabled forums around on the internet, which I check on from time to time on behalf of Mrs Biggles, but I should have thought that one here, specifically for Disabled MoneySaving, would get quite a bit of interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure