We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Three won't give automatic compensation for outage - but you can claim - MSE News

Options
Mobile network Three has said it won't automatically hand out compensation to customers who were affected by last week's data and signal outage - instead, if you were affected you'll have to try and claim...
Read the full story:
'Three won't give automatic compensation for outage - but you can claim'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• hadfield55
    Options
    Like the person quoted in the article, I rang Three on 333 and was offered £5. When I pointed out this wasn’t very much, the agent “spoke to his supervisor” and increased the offer to £10, to be credited to my next bill.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was offered £5 on PAYG. Pushed for £10 as I am awake during the night rather than the day so it was a problem for me and was given it.
  • $nake_eye$
    Options
    My phone deal is through ID, who use the 3 network. Who should i request compensation from?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    My goodness, look at those £ signs everywhere.
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    $nake_eye$ wrote: »
    My phone deal is through ID, who use the 3 network. Who should i request compensation from?

ID - your contract is with them. You can contact them via the links here to complain or request compensation.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure

The Sun has equivalent links for all the other three piggybackers including smarty and superdrug.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/10155229/three-mobile-down-how-claim-compensation/
  • rawhammered
    Options
    Made some fake story about missed hospital appointment due to outgage and got £20 like a baws!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Made some fake story about missed hospital appointment due to outgage and got £20 like a baws!

Happy to commit fraud? Do you include any other types of fraud in your repertoire?
  • oldagetraveller
    Options

What a wonderful country this has turned into!
  • Bigoeuf
    Bigoeuf Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 October 2019 at 1:08PM
    Options
    Again as the person quoted in the article, I rang Three on 333 and was offered £5. In my case I told the rep. was trying to use data connection during the night & in the morning tried to message my grand-daughter for her birthday on the 17th all which failed (&, not to be too pious, are true too). The same procedure occurred - rep. “spoke to his supervisor” and increased the offer to £10, to be credited to my next bill - which satisfied me :)
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,207 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Never noticed it was down, so not bothering to claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure