Halifax Online Complaints

Options
I've been reasonably happy with my Halifax account, although the reduction in the Rewards payment was a bit disappointing.

The "new" paying a cheque in online is useful and seems to be better than Barclays offering. Any others that offer this now?

My main gripe is with Halifax's online complaints. You fill in the details and get a confirmation email back, butthere seems to be no way of checking the progress of this and trying to get any sense out of their staff about the system is very painful, especially as the Local branch have no access to the system! Any suggestions, given that the Ombudsman Service is really pants at the moment? It seems like FOS are at breaking point with the number of complaints they are handling. :(
Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK

Comments

• Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 October 2019 at 2:21PM
    Options
    You could try this email address [EMAIL="Customerservicesglasgow@Lloydsbanking.com"]Customerservicesglasgow@Lloydsbanking.com[/EMAIL]
    But unless you have a reference number they will probably not reply.
    Email has been around for 30+ years but Halifax do not publish any email address you can contact them on.

'[FONT=&quot]Please note that this mailbox is only for existing complaints. If you send an email to this inbox and it is not related to an existing complaint with a reference number, then your mail will be unanswered.'
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That's great customer service for you!
    [/FONT]
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Yes, I already use this address as I used to get a read receipt from them. Alas they have cottoned on to the fact I have been using this receipt to prove they have been getting a cc of correspondence I send to Halifax and now no longer send a receipt. :(

I've had a sort of a break through with the local branch as a chap there seems to realise that customer care still has a place in our modern life. ;)

A lot of banks have secure messaging on their systems, but I guess Halifax don't think customers aught to be bothering them with service issues.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As your main complaint is against their complaints system, I'd be intrigued to know what you were complaining about when you discovered that their complaints system was somewhat lacking.;)
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    The latest complaint is that they do not follow up their system generated messages saying they will send a letter after five days. I suspect they just hope customers will give up chasing. ;)
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A lot of banks have secure messaging on their systems, but I guess Halifax don't think customers aught to be bothering them with service issues.
    Correct - how are they are allowed to get away with such a service in 2019?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    They get away with it as not enough customers complain. ;)

As usual: it is our fault! :(
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The latest complaint is that they do not follow up their system generated messages saying they will send a letter after five days.
    If your complaint is that you didn't receive a letter that Halifax promised to send "after 5 days", may be you just haven't been waiting long enough yet? "After 5 days" includes "in a year", "in 5 years", in fact, it includes any future date you can think of.

Also, they may already have sent it but it could have got lost on the way to you.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    You want me to post the exact wording?

As it has or rather hasn't, happened twice now, I think .....
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You want me to post the exact wording?
    Ignoring what they said they'd do, 'officially' they say...

"If we do not manage to resolve the complaint within 5 working days we'll write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response."

It doesn't say, exactly, 'when' they will write...just that they will.

But depending on the nature of the complaint, they have either "35 working days" or "8 weeks" to issue a final resolution. Why not sit back and do something else in the meantime and let the process take it's course?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    "If however we are not able to do this, we will write to you within five working days to give you an
    update and let you know when you can expect a full response."

is what it says in what they sent me, so perhaps they have two different letters?

Anyway I think I have waited long enough for one made six months ago. The other is a couple of months old, so they may still "have time".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport