Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Euro Car Parks 'double-dip' - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Euro Car Parks 'double-dip'

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
36 replies 1K views

Replies

• edited 9 October 2019 at 5:23PM
    Knight_who_says_NiKnight_who_says_Ni Forumite
    19 posts
    edited 9 October 2019 at 5:23PM
    Thank you all.

I have sent a copy of the letter sent to the local store manager to the CEO's office.

I have requested SAR from Euro Car Parks

I will lodge complaints with British Parking and the DVLA

I will also find out who my local MP is and contact them.
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some reading

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5888754

Nine times out of ten of these tickets are scams so consider complaining to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few Sainsburys with Euro car parks, and some thast have switched to horizon.

Theres some advice above about GDPR breaches and complaining to Sainsburys CEO.

Are you a regular at this shop?

First of all, you must stop phoning about this, email/write to the parking company and state that they have accessed and processed your data without just cause, and that they have failed to take reasonable measures to ensure data accuracy, relying on defective automated number plate systems, and you are taking this as a breach of the GDPR (regulations)

like wise send something similar to the local Sainsbury's, tell them that they are responsible for the actions of their agents ( Euro car parks) and there could be a breach of the GDPR ( regulations) for which Sainsbury's would be jointly and severally liable for
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • edited 9 October 2019 at 4:44PM
    19 posts
    edited 9 October 2019 at 4:44PM
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    Failure to provide ALL four images will be reported to the ICO.

Is that a typo and you meant ICP (International Parking Community)? ICO doesn't appear in the Newbie acronym list.

Edit: found elsewhere: ICO Information Commissioners Office
  • Half_way: Yes, I am a regular - its a mile away, so a weekly shop there since March 2000, plus top-up shops to grab a sandwich, plus petrol.

I only phoned once purely to establish that the addresses on their letterhead was the correct address to complain to - have had instances before where time could have been saved by sending things to a better address.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will also find out who my local MP is and contact them.
    Surprised you don't know who represents you in Parliament. Anyway, this should help:

https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 10 October 2019 at 4:54PM
    19 posts
    edited 10 October 2019 at 4:54PM
    Sainsbury's CEO office acknowledged receipt. Prompt reply from them, even if non-committal.

Whilst I vote at every election for someone whose ideals roughly parallel with mine, I have never had the requirement to communicate with my MP, so no actual requirement to know who the current incumbent actually is. It turns out its Chloe Smith.
  • To date no response from Euro Car Parks since my request on 9th October for full disclosure of all images etc relating to this.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    12.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To date no response from Euro Car Parks since my request on 9th October for full disclosure of all images etc relating to this.
    Did you submit a SAR to the DPO ([EMAIL="DPO@eurocarparks.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]) including a scan of your V5C? If so, a complaint to the ICO is in order. You might resubmit the original SAR advising them you will be sending the complaint the next day - it might jolt them into action.
  • Yes I did, with scan of registration document.