Barclays Closed Account and CIFAS marker placed

Options

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, well I would suspect in the cases where it is 'obvious' most banks would write them a letter or call them up saying you really should (or you have to) switch over to our £90/yr business account (or however much these rip-off merchants charge) before tossing them onto the scrapheap and losing that customer forever, ESPECIALLY if they were generating a decent amount of income.

I have a business account (which has a mastercard) and a personal account (which has a visa card), and there has been a couple of times where I have had to use my personal account to pay for transactions related to business because the company abroad won't take mastercard (believe it or not). But no one gives a monkeys. And it is pretty straight forward to address that when it comes to ensuring my finances are in order.

I can see though why you 'used' to work for a bank. :D

I don't appreciate the personal slight.

Banks don't want people using fee free accounts when they can charge for business accounts. Not rocket science.

I also had to report suspected money launders too, but I guess that was why I "no longer work for a bank."

Which account are you sockpuppeting again?
  • TurningANewLeaf
    Options
    boo_star wrote: »
    Banks don't want people using fee free accounts when they can charge for business accounts. Not rocket science.

I don't doubt that, but you claimed you tossed the customer away completely when it was obvious. Makes great business sense!

But anyway, we're getting distracted from your original point, where you point blank claimed that's the end of your personal account when you use it for business. That's not going to happen in 100% of cases, not even close!

I also had to report suspected money launders too, but I guess that was why I "no longer work for a bank."

You're not even making sense now. How is this relevant?

Which account are you sockpuppeting again?

I don't know, you tell me, I'm really interested to know what motives I might have to want or need multiple accounts. Or is this another distraction technique after I've made you look like a fool again?
  • boo_star
    Options
    I don't doubt that, but you claimed you tossed the customer away completely when it was obvious. Makes great business sense!

We didn't need customers who lied or tried to fool us.

But anyway, we're getting distracted from your original point, where you point blank claimed that's the end of your personal account when you use it for business. That's not going to happen in 100% of cases, not even close!

Show me the terms and conditions of a personal bank account that doesn't prohibit business use and I'll show you a liar.

Or is this another distraction technique after I've made you look like a fool again?

Misdirection and at best pot kettle black.

I'm not sure if you're James or xlncc99 but could you give it a rest?
  • TurningANewLeaf
    Options
    We didn't need customers who lied or tried to fool us.

And I don't doubt it didn't take long before the bank realised they didn't need you! :D

Show me the terms and conditions of a personal bank account that doesn't prohibit business use and I'll show you a liar.

We're not talking about what may or may not be in the T&Cs.

Your original point to me was that when you use your personal account for business that is "Bye bye account".

This is clearly and patently not going to happen in 100% of cases, not even close!

You're really slow on the uptake here. You must have been an asset to the bank.
  • boo_star
    edited 6 October 2019 at 4:16AM
    Options
    And I don't doubt it didn't take long before the bank realised they didn't need you! :D

I was, perhaps ironically, the person who was fighting against management who didn't really care

We're not talking about what may or may not be in the T&Cs.

Your original point to me was that when you use your personal account for business that is "Bye bye account".

This is clearly and patently not going to happen in 100% of cases, not even close!

It will do when they find out.

I'd also add that I never said it was guaranteed closure.
  • TurningANewLeaf
    Options
    I was, perhaps ironically, the person who was fighting against management who didn't really care

Can you clarify, you were the person fighting to get rid of these customers, when management didn't care?

Or you were the person fighting to keep hold of these customers, when management didn't care?

It will do when they find out.

If they find out, and even then I find it hard to believe that most banks would just toss these customers without first asking them or telling them to open a business account first.
  • boo_star
    Options
    Can you clarify, you were the person fighting to get rid of these customers, when management didn't care?

Or you were the person fighting to keep hold of these customers, when management didn't care?

If they find out, and even then I find it hard to believe that most banks would just toss these customers without first asking them or telling them to open a business account first.

Fighting to keep them.
  • TurningANewLeaf
    Options
    Fighting to keep them.

:T

Just noticed your edit in a previous post:

I'd also add that I never said it was guaranteed closure.

In which case, why the hell did you bother replying to me in the first place, seeing as your whole point seemed to rest on the fact that using a personal account for business would be the end? Christ on a bike!
  • boo_star
    Options
    :T

Just noticed your edit in a previous post:

In which case, why the hell did you bother replying to me in the first place, seeing as your whole point seemed to rest on the fact that using a personal account for business would be the end? Christ on a bike!

That's like arguing that committing murder doesn't guarantee you'll do 25 years.

It won't, but if you get found out, you will.
  • TurningANewLeaf
    Options
    That's like arguing that committing murder doesn't guarantee you'll do 25 years.

It won't, but if you get found out, you will.

Oh boy. Well look, you've conceded that using your personal account for business might not necessarily result in automatic closure of your personal account, in which case it seems to me that deems your original to point to me (that started this whole thing off) as pointless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure