IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN County Court Claim

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Keith - You say here to email the defence - There is an option to do it on the MCOL website too where I did the acknowledgement of claim - little confused now as to where to send my defence?
    Should I email or fill in the defence online?
    I don't know what you expect me to say.

I wrote the guidance you are quoting, so clearly I think you should follow that path.

You will by now surely have read in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread why you should not file your Defence via the MCOL website.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There is an option to do it on the MCOL website too
    We know, and the NEWBIES thread tells you why not to do that. We can't cope when we have to repeat what the sticky thread says, we would drown in queries if we had to justify our advice & repeat stuff for every poster.

That is why post #2 of that sticky is long, with links, because you need to read them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jamboree_Bag
    Options
    Well. I have the Court date - 17 April and I have also received VCS witness statement which is quite honestly tying my head in knots - Can I post a copy of it on here? Allowed? Or post some paragraphs that I am having trouble deciphering?
    I need to do my witness statement, so would appreciate some help again - thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2020 at 2:10AM
    Options
    Please don't post VCS' template WS here again.  Have you not seen it already on every other VCS thread, where people have already torn it apart for more than a year on here?  Reading just a few VCS threads would find it and you have been posting here since 2019 about the case, so surely this WS was expected. 

It won't be anything not seen before and is not specific to your case.

Also as you have not been here for 6 months, have you read about the Southampton and Skipton cases?  You need that in your WS to cover the false added £60 strongly, and we also now suggest filing a SUMMARY COSTS ASSESSMENT.  Find examples on any court claim thread ahead of you - e.g. threads by @keypulse and @Lego-9
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    IMO it is unlikely that this will ever get in front of a judge, read this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-courts-and-tribunals-planning-and-preparation
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Jamboree_Bag
    Options
    I am nearly weeping as I write this!
    I have this morning received a very short email from Highways Record Office, regarding the ownership of the exact piece of land where my vehicle was parked. It reads.......................

"Thank you for your email.  I confirm the strip to which you refer is highway maintainable at public expense i.e. it is the responsibility of the County Council"

I have started my witness statement, but in light of this do I need to do the lengthy witness statement regarding the "Red VCS --- not a parking charge" malarky? or just HIT them with the above fact?

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hit them with everything. Why would you not?
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your witness statement contains EVERYTHING. Not just one point. 

It'll be interesting to see if they claim landholder authority...
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 March 2020 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Complain to the council and the DVLA that VCS are unlawfully operating a for-profit business on public land.
    Attach the proof supplied by said Highways Records Office and any photos supplied by the scammers that prove where the vehicle was parked.
    This is also a serious DPA/GDPR breach as well as a DVLA KADOE breach. Complain to both relevant departments within the DVLA.

Also complain to the ICO about the data breach.

Consider making a counterclaim for DPA/GDPR data breach in case they decide to pull out, or make a claim of your own against the scammers.

Complain to your MP as well as all of the above.

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Complain also to Trading Standards and Revenue and Customs in writing.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback