Virgin Media stealing my money

Options
I used to have Virgin Media broadband for a few years and did not need it anymore when i decided to move out of my previous home. So i cancelled the contract with them and the service ended at the end of June and was sent by email a final bill. I was in credit of around £20 and since i moved out of my previous place, I called them to let them know to send the £20 to my current address and also to find out when they will send this. I was told it would be with me in around 45 days from the termination date. It has now been around 75 days since termination date and despite calling them 3 times at various times during these 75 days, I am yet to receive anything from them.

The last time I called was about 3 weeks ago and they said they had sent it but will cancel the previous cheque they apparently had issued and resend a new one which should be with me within 2 weeks. I am yet to receive anything and i really do not want to call them again given it takes around an hour of my time each time just to ask for them to send me money they owe. I have already tried 3 times. If it was not such a small amount that they owed i would be much more annoyed with them then i am now. At least i will be a lot more hesitant to go back to them should i be on the look out for broadband service. I know a review site like trust-pilot is biased towards negative reviews, but just looking at the reviews on there - constant 1 star review after review, it seems very accurate for virgin media and totally reflects my experience of them.

Does anyone know an easy way to get the money that is owed to me from virgin media? I do not want to call their useless waste of time call center again.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They're not stealing your money. It's a customer services issue.

Have you tried contacting them online or through social media?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried lodging a complaint and then try the ombudsman ?

They aren't stealing your money as they haven't gone anywhere.
    What address have they sent the cheque too ?
    I hope not the address you had the service at ?
  • itwasntme001
    Options
    They're not stealing your money. It's a customer services issue.

Have you tried contacting them online or through social media?

If after having to call 3 times they promise to send a cheque and not once do i receive the cheque even though they said they had sent it (and i have never ever not received any post that i was expecting), then i call that stealing. Maybe not in a criminal sense (since it can not be proven) but how bad does customer service have to be to still not have a simple request like this carried out after 3 calls? It is beyond poor customer service, it is now stealing in my view.

I do not use social media. How do i contact them online given i do not have an account with them anymore?
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do not use social media. How do i contact them online given i do not have an account with them anymore?

For £20 it's time to start.

https://twitter.com/virginmedia
  • itwasntme001
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Have you tried lodging a complaint and then try the ombudsman ?

They aren't stealing your money as they haven't gone anywhere.
    What address have they sent the cheque too ?
    I hope not the address you had the service at ?

Yes i asked to be sent to the complaints team once and they did but the call went dead whilst i was waiting. I wonder why??!!

So i did not ask to be sent to complaints when i called the third time in case the line went dead again. I went for the simple approach of asking them to send the cheque again. Yes they do have my current address, I made sure each time i called they had my new address.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If after having to call 3 times they promise to send a cheque and not once do i receive the cheque even though they said they had sent it (and i have never ever not received any post that i was expecting), then i call that stealing.

Then you must contact the police.

If it cannot be explained by poor customer service, then it's a criminal act and no amount of contacting them will get it returned.

Act now before they flee the country.
  • itwasntme001
    Options
    For £20 it's time to start.

https://twitter.com/virginmedia

I am not going to sign-up to any social media.
  • itwasntme001
    Options
    Then you must contact the police.

If it cannot be explained by poor customer service, then it's a criminal act and no amount of contacting them will get it returned.

Act now before they flee the country.

You may joke all you want but as i said to me it feels like its beyond just really bad customer service.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm not joking at all.

The way in which you categorise the problem determines the way you solve it.

If someone steals my car, I don't ask for their customer services number.
  • itwasntme001
    Options
    I'm not joking at all.

The way in which you categorise the problem determines the way you solve it.

If someone steals my car, I don't ask for their customer services number.

As i said i want a simple realistic approach. Going to the police i know will be a waste of my time and it wont even go anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure