Tesco’s ‘Clubcard Prices’ discount promo is back – but how do the deals stack up? - MSE News

Tesco’s Clubcard Prices promotion is back, and is offering loyalty scheme members discounts of between 10% and 50%, with around 400 items to be reduced...
Read the full story:
'Tesco’s ‘Clubcard Prices’ discount promo is back – but how do the deals stack up?'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Comments

• judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Never mind how the deals stack up - if you're shopping online, how do you even find the deals ?

Can't find any link that shows you what deals are available it seems to just be hit and miss if you happen to stumble on them :mad:

Anyone have a link or any further info for online shoppers ?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    A bit of a non event. Homepride Pasta Bake selected varieties. Normal price £1.59, Clubcard price £1.11. Regularly on offer at 2 for £2.00 or for 89p each in B&M and Home Bargains.

There is no link to a list, just a note on the item.
  • judexx
    judexx Posts: 495 Forumite
    Finally found the link to the Clubcard prices - not that there's much to get to excited over, unless you buy a lot of fancy coffee and cook-in-sauce, in which case you're in luck !
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Would appear to be normal nonsense "was" pricing - bring half price offer down to a more normal price.
    Taking the first two different brands
    Kenco Caffe Caffe Latte . "Was" price in Tesco £2.50 ( which is 66% above its average ) - price everywhere else £1.50
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Instant_Coffee/Kenco_Caffe_Latte_8.html?TrackingCode=AQIAAAE.DeRGYFQfAU677i_SbFT6Nw

Lloyd Grossman Tikka Sauce - "Was" price in Tesco £2.10 ( which is 33% above its average ) - on everywhere else for between £1 and £1.50
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Curry_Sauce_And_Paste/Loyd_Grossman_Tikka_Masala_Sauce_350g.html?TrackingCode=AQIAAAE.g5zmpUtseEWwdLlzWWeF_Q
  • molerat
    edited 13 September 2019 at 12:20PM
    Surf 80 wash, normal price - which is very competitive - £8, clubcard price £6.40. The Russell Hobbs steam iron seems reasonable for £10.
  • BethP
    BethP Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Bought a box of Dorset Cereals marked at £3.70 but £2.59 to Clubcard members. It went through the till at £3.70!!

Also a packet of toffees was marked at 89p or 2 for £1.50 but that went through at 89p each with no 28p deducted.

Am in the habit of checking our receipt once we’re through the till and before we leave the store. (Husband never checks.).

Handed Customer Service the till receipt they requested the Dorset box but didn’t want the sweets, staff then went to both locations to check. It all took rather a long time.

Overcharges both reimbursed. Yes, I will do it again if necessary.
  • molerat
    Did you check the bottom of the receipt for the discount, the CC prices do go through at full price but the discount is listed separately.
  • So, Tesco has introduced two-tiered pricing and caught me out big time. When I checked out yesterday in the store, I found that I had left my Clubcard & Tesco Credit card at home. I enquired as to whether I could get the bill adjusted if I returned with the till receipt and my clubcard a few days later as at least 3 items were priced differently for clubcard. (Over £3 on a £32 shop) The answer was NO. I abhor this method of pricing products. I asked the till operator to register my dissatisfaction with her Management. 

So, I will resort to doing my primary shop at Lidl or Aldi, and only use Tesco to pick up any items I cannot get elsewhere. So, there's the majority of £5,000 a year that won't be going Tesco's way.

• parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    I agree - Tesco will not be seeing me with this system they have introduced.
  • molerat
    No problem for me.  Need Clubcard to get self scan gun or pay with Tesco debit card - Clubcard prices either way >:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback