PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th August 2019

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Big (((hugs))) asb xx

Some of my list has been completed, but there's still a lot to do. The sun is shining so I am thinking of going out to tidy up some more of the garden when I've finished my cuppa.

Back later...
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,304 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Asb sorry to hear that, follow your instincts and do what feels right for you and the kids. You are right not to pretend everything is OK with MIL.

8 hours at work, hoovered and dusted, sorted laundry, cooked a meal. Kitchen to tidy up a little but otherwise house is OK. Tired now.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening all

En suite done to level 3
    All bins emptied, washed and disinfected where necessary
    Dailies done
    Laundry shuffle done and wm loaded for tomorrow
    Cupboard in spare room sort out started, a few things to go to charity shop and it looks a bit tidier
    DH ‘encouraged’ to tidy top shelf of his wardrobe, also looking better in there!
    Full day of paid stuff!
    Kitchen wiped down and reset for tomorrow.

Tired now too, having a sit down with my book this evening. Have a lovely evening all x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    edited 20 August 2019 at 10:35PM
    Options
    I managed to re-pot two orchids out of 8. Of the remainder, four are in flower, one is fairly new to me and very happy in a big pot, and the other one shares a container with one that is in flower. I also re-potted a lovely little tiger aloe which I was given a couple of weeks ago: it fell over in the car and its main root broke, but there are already plenty more developing.

I sorted the freezers and have frozen another couple of portions of runner beans. I need to do a shop at the Land of Ice.

I weeded and tidied up along part of our cul-de-sac. The road leads to our house and 3 others, and the border along one side is the responsibility of the owners of a house on the main road, who can't actually see it because of their fence. It is very poor, dry soil, but I think it will be fine for Corsican hellebores, of which I just happen to have a large handful of seeds from my own plants!

And I have remembered to send the toddler group reminder emails. Mustn't forget the text messages too.

Rosie has come to tell me that it's dark and therefore time for her chewy stick. DH is still at model railway club, but I think I shall close all the curtains and fall into bed soon - I'm tired.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Morning all, I know it's stupid o clock and I should be asleep - but I can't.
    Yesterday I ended up having to do an emergency work visit - 2 hours driving either way. Another work location is also in serious difficulties, so I've now got to work all day today and probably tomorrow too so flying is going to be out of the window (unless it is 'rage' flying because people can't do their jobs properly, cause me issues and make me cross) the only positive is the lovely overtime money money I will get at the end of September. (Along with the expenses costs)
    Hubby has done reasonably well with some of the tidying yesterday - the dining room is not quite as doom laden as it was, so hopefully I'll be able to 'Potter' around with it all in between work & Pickle etc.

ASB - just keep strong, hopefully mil will be supportive.
    Layla - be a good doggy and stop giving the grown up a heart attack!

Enjoy your holidays Piggers & Cat.

Monday's list
    [STRIKE]Tidy Loft office[/STRIKE]i did get this done before the phone went mental.
    Wash swimming stuff in the washing machine waiting for enough to make a load this needs to go on in a bit, will pick up the 'new' dirties and put it on before the Childminder run.
    [STRIKE]Contact plumber re: shower[/STRIKE]coming tomorrow night to have a look. hes been, it's the 'return' valve on the shower, he's going to try and source a new part otherwise it's a whole new shower and a lot of mess!

At some point this week
    Repack swimming bag
    Sweep front yard & do its usual tidy routine
    [STRIKE]Big bags of rubbish to tip
    Old office chair to tip[/STRIKE]
    Find a home (cellar?) for the pushchair Pickle is officially out of the pushchair now
    Tidy, sweep & sort back yard
    Clear out my car? cant remember what state I've left it in
    Pack up and post wellies to friend
    Write a list for joiner
    Contact joiner
    Buy bedroom wallpaper
    Choose living room & dining room colours
    House insurance renewal? if renewal documents arrive from current provider
    Get shredder back from friend
    Shredding
    Test reel to reel tape machine
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning

Completely by fluke, I am rocking this whole list thang. That makes a change. Bed stripped, window just closed after an all night airing, and just about time to remake the bed before leaving for work.

Yesterday afternoon was productive purely through rage flying. Result was that upstairs got a thorough vac through, including the stairs. DD wants the vacuum cleaner left out for her today so that she can clean her room. I have also left her clean sheets and a cleaning cloth to see if she takes the hint. ;)

Have a lovely day all. ASB - hope you are ok, hun. X
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,

Wish - I was online when you posted so you weren't alone!

I won't bore you all with the details about this mess. Basically he can't see what's wrong (I read somewhere men only leave women if they have someone else, they are content to keep us even if they're not happy in the absence of anything else). He is completely emotionally detached. I actually find I am happier when he is away now, and I am so used to being alone with the children it wouldn't make any practical difference to my life.

I've opened my own current account in case it does all happen. That was done at 4am with NatWest online, very easy.

Taking the children swimming today, should do some flying as well.

Big hugs to you all, thanks for being my friends xx
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Well I've made a start on my BR and washed some dishes.

I will try and make inroads on my BR today and then see where I go from there.

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,808 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Thinking of you ASB.

WM x 1. DW X 1

I've got the itch to do some decorating. All my wood downstairs is stained and varnished. Thinking of starting sanding, priming and glossing.

It's a long time since I did any decorating.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Off to volunteering

Yesterday someone visited my house and said:- you have no clutter, and it is so clean :):)

Hugs all round
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business