PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th August 2019

Options

Comments

• Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :)

Bit late getting started on my list, as I got home from work at 6pm then realised I had ran out of parcel paper that I needed to wrap my parcels up with! Walked up to M*rrisons to buy some, got a book for LO to put away for Christmas then walked home. Then had to put LO to bed and have dinner!

Anyway I've:
    • Wiped down kitchen sides
    • Clean and clear around the sink and accessories
    • Clear and polish dining table
    • Changed the dishcloth, and put the other one in the wm
    • Folded and put away laundry
    • Printed Amazon return label that I need to send back tomorrow

Just having a quick cuppa then will give the hob a wipedown, run the DW, clean inside of kitchen window as it's got cat hair stuck to it...:rotfl:and wrap up the parcels ready for tomorrow!
    Oh and if I can find the time/energy I'll write down a meal plan. Got lots in to use up.

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening :)
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve been playing freezer Tetris. The freezers are now tidier but I don’t seem to be any better off for space. And tomorrow I have to fit at least some of the 2.5kg of picked beans in. I’ve spotted a few meal opportunities but there will also be a few random dinners in the coming weeks. I also tidied and wiped out the fridge while I was at it.
    The kitchen floor is high on the priority list for tomorrow as it is minging.
    A load of towels went out on the line for an hour this evening as it was so breezy I thought they might dry a bit. I was obviously deluded - towels are now back hanging indoors.
    I have a day off work tomorrow so I have a stupidly long list to tackle. DH is out all day and evening with work so I may stand a fighting chance unless DD needs lifts anywhere.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Worked 11 to 8.30 today, got lots of cleaning done and tea in SC before I went in, it felt like a really long day.

Feel really cold, wondering whether my thyroid is starting to play up again. Ah well, time for bed soon, normal start tomorrow so will need to be up and on.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,441 Forumite
    Options
    Scary time with Layla, Honey Bear :( Glad she's safe, but sad she can't run any more.

I had an appointment with the dentist this morning too - just scale and polish, and the dentist agreed with my feeling that that the bamboo toothbrushes are really too soft - I will compromise and alternate using a plastic one. Afterwards I went into the local wool-and-shoes shop and bought myself a pair of replacement sandals, as after 2 years my current ones are falling apart. The new ones are identical and very :money:

I completed a couple of other bits off my personal list but not a lot off Valli's :eek: I have started to track down any PPI through a claims company (on the basis that 76% of something is better than 100% of nothing), and - more importantly - it has spurred DH on to do the same, as he is far more likely to have had PPI than I am.

DH took me out to lunch today after I had had a strop yesterday and refused to get him any supper (he'd had Scotch egg and cakes while he was out wargaming - again!). We only went to the GC down the lane, but it's a very nice place with good, almost SW-friendly food.

This afternoon I flew in the garden and almost filled the green bin - will try to finish filling it tomorrow afternoon. I have done WMx2 and my ironing pile only consists of one of DH's shirts. And of course Rosie has had her walk. I have spent the evening watching television... (it's the holidays, right? ;))

Tomorrow I am out most of the morning, but must find time to
    - hoover through downstairs
    - re-make DGSs' beds with clean bedding
    - write and post a cheque
    - clear out freezers - like Fayolle I have beans to freeze :D
    - order some leaflets for church
    - book for an event in September, plus send an email to secure a blue badge parking space for DH
    - make some phonecalls
    - update my Will to include new goddaughter and various other people's changes of address
    - re-pot my orchids (this is now officially a frog :eek:)

Hope all who are on holiday this week are having good weather, and the same for those who've got washing to hang out at home xx
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Realised I'd forgotten to move a pile of clothes off the bed when I came up tonight, so rather than shoving it on the floor, I sorted through and put each bit away - with help from the Idiot Cat, who decided the second drawer counted as a nesting box. Eventually, he left.

Still got two massive piles, but they do consist of everything I own, so it's not as bad as it could be.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

Didn’t get to post again yesterday, got caught up with tasks that weren’t part of the list! Oh well, they needed doing...

Starting paid stuff soon, I’m showered and dressed so will fly a little before starting. I have a WM load just finishing up so will get that out in the garden as the weather forecast is pretty good today.

Have a good day all x
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning

Wm is on with towels that will hopefully be able to twirl outside in a bit.
    I’m taking a leaf out of Valli’s book and taking a cuppa back to bed for a few minutes. It is the holidays for someone somewhere after all ;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Right with you there Fayolle :coffee:

GOOD MORNING ALL

I repotted one of my orchids yesterday, Ionafan, the one I first received in 2018, as a gift from the Y 6 class. It had roots with green tips! Apparently that's a signal to repot. And I fed all three. The 40p one from Mr A has recovered from the ignominy of being yellow-snickered.

Towels in WM.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Happy Holidays Piggers!

She'll learn Honeybear but a scary 15 mins for you.

I think I'm going to have a go at my bedroom today. I need to go through all my clothes and decide what I'm keeping and what can go. Maybe then everything will fit in my wardrobe and drawers and I will have a clear gangway around my bed!

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Eyebright
    Eyebright Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 20 August 2019 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Not working today, so day at home with the LO, and a chance to get some housework done.
    Going out in a bit as need to pop into town, need to visit the post office, the shop that takes Amazon returns and go to the library to swap LO's books. Oh and pop L*idl's to get a tin of tomato soup as LO is adamant that is what she wants for lunch and of course I don't have any in :rotfl:

Today's To-Do List
    -Return library books- DONE
    -Go to PO DONE
    -Amazon return DONE
    -Run WM DONE
    -Clean out litter tray
    -Empty DW DONE
    -Clean bathroom sink
    -Clean toilet-
    -Clean bath
    -Clean shower cubicle
    -Window cleaner on glass door of cubicle
    -Hoover/mop bathroom floor
    -Dust/polish towel rail
    -Clean bathroom window
    -Clean lightswitch handle
    -Clean/polish and re-organise bathroom cabinet
    -Complete revalidation for annual professional registration

That should keep me busy enough today! Have a good day all.
    POAYDBX 2020 #? 20/4000
    1 debt vs 100 days #14 20/1000
    Saving for Christmas 2020 50/500
    EF Saving 285/500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business