Interparcel Courier threatening Court Action

Options
Hi All,
This is my first Post
I Arranged Parcel to collect through Interparcel, all went ok - Parcel collected and delivered to my address but after few weeks received an email from revenue protection asking additional £206.69 :( mentioned that and asked for as :
Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm.
In order for us to log a dispute with the carrier please can you provide some evidence to support the dimensions you entered at the time of booking?
Typically the kinds of evidence we can accept are:
• Photographs of the parcel – with tape measure showing dimensions - Provided
• Document /official web page showing manufacturers specifications for contents
• Ebay listing page showing dimensions
• Invoice/packing slip clearly detailing the contents - Provided actual Label
Please also advise how the item was packaged. ( Provided )
despite provided all the evidence We asked the evidence from them but they never provide or prove any thing in the favour of above statement and mentioned that :
I am writing to inform you that the carrier has reviewed the evidence provided relating to the size/weight of this shipment, unfortunately on this occasion the carrier has advised that the measurements provided on our invoice were correct and the consignment was larger than declared.In addition the carrier has also stated that, there is no picture to show the height of the item. Only the width and length.
and today they threaten again as : We are disappointed to discover that, despite our recent correspondence, our records show the balance of £206.69 is still outstanding.

This is your final opportunity to settle this balance before we pass this matter over to our legal team who will determine whether it is in our interests to continue with legal action to recover this debt.

Again they never provided any evidence till yet just threatening and giving me stress :(

Note : I still have the empty box safe and all the evidences to show , Please advise your worthy advice to handle them - Thank you in Advance

Comments

• pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My worthy advice is to do nothing and see if the legal team decide to continue with the legal action.
    If they do come back for advice.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Make sure you turn up in court on the due date, carrying the box with you. If you don't turn up, you will lose the case.

If they use a court near them, ask the court for the case to be transferred to one near you.

Keep records of any expenses you have incurred fighting the case.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Purple_Rain
    Options
    Yes we have the box and all the record - thanks
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It sounds like you contracted the courier and ALSO received the parcel. Could you clarify.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    what were the external measurements of the whole package including all packaging

thats quite a big difference.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    what were the external measurements of the whole package including all packaging

thats quite a big difference.

That's what I wondered too. (Plus the same person being the sender and receiver of the parcel?) I wonder if the parcel was amortised onto a pallet with other parcels and the courier has used the top-most parcel as the reference for the whole pallet? (Or something similarly stupid).
  • Hunter_Jaeger
    Options
    What was the weight of the item?

What was the item?

The larger measurements suggest an oversize pallet (expensive) especially if heavy. Things like carpet and rubber matting are very expensive to courier.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It sounds like you contracted the courier and ALSO received the parcel. Could you clarify.

Sounds like OP has bought something online and arranged his own courier to collect and deliver to him.?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Interpaercel is a 'middleman' that subcontracts the delivery to a courier firm from their list - and Interparcel are getting different stories from you and from the courier.

I think my slightly tongue-in-cheek reply to Interparcel might be.
    I'm sorry to hear that the courier is attempting to overcharge you for this parcel.

As this is a contractual dispute between you and the courier, I regret that I cannot get involved.

I would suggest that, in order to avoid the courier overcharging you in this matter, you should request evidence from them to support their claim about the parcel size.

Typically the kinds of evidence you should ask the courier for are:
    • Photographs of the parcel – with tape measure showing dimensions

I hope that you eventually resolve this dispute between you and your courier to your satisfaction.
  • Purple_Rain
    Options
    Thank you for all above
    Replies To all :
    Yes I booked the collection by my own.
    Item : Boiler Part - weight approx 18 kgs I can lift by my hand despite having Back problem.
    Size different : yes that`s the point its much difference Declared as 80 x 60 x 53 cm but was actually 182 x 71 x 54 cm ( Lolz I didnt booked the pallet its just medium size parcel )
    Weight approx 18 kgs -
    :
    I wrote to interparcel yesterday as :

Thank you for coming back to us.

First thing you should provide photographic evidence of the item showing wrong dimensions or wrong item was sent, as we have been asking you for long. However, every time you failed and never provided us any evidence. Although we helped you, by locating the box that was delivered on our place and provided you the dimensions of the box that are less than the originally booked dimensions. Now, despite many request we haven’t received any single evidence or photographic evidence from you.

Currently the member of our team who received the parcel initially is on holiday. On his return we will try our best to find the height of the parcel as requested in your previous email.
    We have all correspondence record with you, receipts, label we used and box to prove.
    Kindly without wasting each-other time I would suggest you ask your carrier to provide any proof to show the height or any other dimension was stated wrong by us.

Also, I noted the money you are claiming now, it is way more EXPENSIVE than the cost of a pallet to be collected / delivered. It’s really ridiculous to keep bothering us, as we are sure it’s your carrier mistake and they may be mixing items/parcel with our medium parcel.

Furthermore with respect to legal proceedings, we will forward the case to our legal department as well and they can discuss it further on the basis of EVIDENCES provided from both the parties. As court and solicitors look for evidences!

ANY FURTHER EMAILS WITHOUT EVIDENCE WILL BE CLASSED AS HARASSMENT AND BE DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.
    BR

Received their Reply today as :
    Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that we can of course re raise this with the carrier but we would need more detailed evidence as the carrier has requested.

Kind regards

Still no evidence provided by them but keep asking me to provide Height ....
    am I being bit more honest to them ??? being stupid to replying them - please advise...

Sorry for long reply :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport