all toys half price in sainsburys!!!!!

Options

Comments

• netty_betty_2
    Options
    I live in Derby and I went to the Wyvern store today...talk about picked over!! To borrow someone elses expression it looked like a 'whirlwind ' had blown down the toy isle (although it was only about a 2m length of scattered toys - none of which I wanted :()

Anyhoo, willing to travel to Burton on Trent/Swadlincote if they have a toy 'isle' bigger than 2meters!
    I know it may well be picked over but the bigger it is the more chance of me getting something (maybe).

Really looking for The Littlest Pet Shop, My LIttle Pony and Poly Pocket...
    oh and the spiderman web thing. Has anyone local to these stores seen these available please???? (I appreciate they may be gone by the time I get there)

what a shame, i would say your best bet would to get there when they open as they will have restocked over night, good luck
    dont wait for your boat to come in, get in a dingy and row out to it!!!
  • jane130
    jane130 Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ust wanted to let you al know , i went in to my local at 9pm last night and they had restocked the shelves , i had to be quick i was only getting some wine for a BYO but picked up the 20Q that was not their earlier , so its worth going back at a different time of day .
    I am journeying to a debt-free life.
    Our estimated debt-free date is January 2040. I'm on a mission to bring that date closer!
    16/02/23 debts - £9556.38
    emergency fund - £00.00
    debt-free diary - Time to Face the music and deal with this debt once and for all
  • pesky_princess
    Options
    I live in Derby and I went to the Wyvern store today...talk about picked over!! To borrow someone elses expression it looked like a 'whirlwind ' had blown down the toy isle (although it was only about a 2m length of scattered toys - none of which I wanted :()

Anyhoo, willing to travel to Burton on Trent/Swadlincote if they have a toy 'isle' bigger than 2meters!
    I know it may well be picked over but the bigger it is the more chance of me getting something (maybe).

Really looking for The Littlest Pet Shop, My LIttle Pony and Poly Pocket...
    oh and the spiderman web thing. Has anyone local to these stores seen these available please???? (I appreciate they may be gone by the time I get there)

hi! there was not a massive aisle of toys at swadlincote branch but they did have a lot of stuff really... loads of my little pony,polly pocket and littlest pet shop stuff.. it was not a mess or anything - stacked nicely and neat.. i don't think it had been common knowledge really about the offer... nobody really thinks "lets go to sainsburys to get toys" really do they? lol plus their food is not very cheap - noticed this when i spent nearly the same amount of money on food as on toys and certainly did not get much for a weeks shopping! If you go to the Burton branch, could you let me know how good it was please, as i am there on monday christmas shopping so will amble on down there if its any good! thanks! :beer:
    April 2014: A CAR!!!!!! :j 60th Anniversary Edition of Playboy mag signed by Hugh Hefner/Family pass to Twinlakes Family Theme Park/Rio 2 Goodies/£15 Promod Voucher/Nivea Sensitive Prize pack/John Frieda Cosmetic bag and bits/Tickets to New Kids On The Block + Meet and Greet
  • teeandrew
    Options
    NETTYB3 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I was just about to send 2 year old DS for an afternoon nap when I saw this and bundled him into the car instead. Managed to get a huge remote control dalek reduced from £40 down to £20 and a Transformer Voice Changer Helmet from £30 down to £15 - both on older sons xmas list - nearly bought them the other day at full price - thank goodness I didn't.

As other people have said, stocks were flying of the two isles of toys in my local store and staff were having a nightmare trying to get it all out. They did say that they had 30 cages of toys out the back with more coming in. I am going tomorrow to try and get transformer toys which were sold out today.

Also got Spiderman potato head, night garden game and play doh, bath toy, Dr Who game, Dr Who Tardis money box, Aqua draw Bob the Builder mini mat & Threadz handbag maker.

Please note that some of the gifts that are in the 3 for 2 offer which does includes some toy type items are not included in the half price event.
    Netty x

The Dr Who Dalek, is it the 12" one? trying to get one for my son but local stores out of stock.....
  • mrs_scrooge
    Options
    Sorry if this is already on here.

I bought 2 soft toys (Winnie the Pooh range) £4.49 each and noticed when I got my receipt that it was BOGOF. So I got Winnie and Piglet for £2.25 each!
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lollyred1 wrote: »
    can i be really cheeky :o and just ask if anyone has any of itng soft toys they picked up but now dont need i would be happy to buy off of you (this is the only thing my neice wants for christmas after ,=months of deciding now cant find them any where except ebay for inflated prices. Thank you:D

Our Tesco Superstore had lots of them in the week but at full price sadly :(.

Went to Sainsbury today but there wasn't a lot there apart from loads of little matchbox type cars for 24p. I did manage to get a Spiderman 3 with ugly spider/vampire thingy with it - just right for a 7yr old I suspect??? One lady had a large trolley full of toys and she had some brilliant bargains there. All the Dr Who stuff had gone completely - guess that's the most popular for this Christmas.
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lara wrote: »
    I did manage to get a Spiderman 3 with ugly spider/vampire thingy with it - just right for a 7yr old I suspect???
    I think he's called Venom. :confused: My DS1 had one (not bought by me :eek:) and I found it so scary that I binned it. DS1 still hasn't realised it's missing. :rotfl: I just hated the stupid thing. :mad:

But yeah, I'm sure the 7 yo will love it. :D

Sorry, off topic. :o

Any Transformers toys included in the sale? Apart from the voice changer (I'm sure DS1 would love it but I don't want to be woken up by a Transformer every morning :p)
  • mcbain
    mcbain Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    teeandrew wrote: »
    The Dr Who Dalek, is it the 12" one? trying to get one for my son but local stores out of stock.....

tescos have these online & instore for £12.96
  • jpedwards76
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Dora Sparkle and Twirl Mermaid doll which comes with a base, in Sainsburys?

I managed to get the assistant mermaid dolls in there last night from 12.99 down to 6.49.
    Just wondered as they had these thought someone might have spotted them!

Other finds last night included

Fifi Poppy Market Stall 9.99 down to 4.99
    Bob 4 Puzzles 3.99 down to 1.99

Agree though it was a bit of a jumble in my local one last night!
    Jane
  • boojims
    boojims Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Dormouse wrote: »
    I think he's called Venom. :confused: My DS1 had one (not bought by me :eek:) and I found it so scary that I binned it. DS1 still hasn't realised it's missing. :rotfl: I just hated the stupid thing. :mad:

But yeah, I'm sure the 7 yo will love it. :D

Sorry, off topic. :o

Any Transformers toys included in the sale? Apart from the voice changer (I'm sure DS1 would love it but I don't want to be woken up by a Transformer every morning :p)

I bought a couple of the little transformers that sell for £3.99 each for £1.24 each. They did have some of the bigger ones too (sorry didn't notice the price on them).
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport