Digging my way out

Options

Comments

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4 acres sounds lovely. It is always funny how we want something we don't have and rarely appreciate wht we do.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    The grass is always greener, we never consider the negatives though, we just go for it with rose coloured glasses on!
    So today the tomatoes are turning slightly but no where near enough to plan eating them. Runner beans are still growing and all my other wigwams are now covered in little baby beans, hopefully there will be enough for tomorrows tea.
    I've fed everything today with an old bottle of tomorite I found in the greenhouse, hopefully it will do them some good.
    Finished babysitting around lunchtime and have had a quite afternoon, DH dug the garden veg patches and that was about it, lazy Sunday.
    No change on the money front, except I added up my spends last time wrongly, somehow I worked out I had more for next month left over than I actually have, so I divided the £150 for next month which is about £5 a day into weekly amounts and then deducted the shopping over spend from the week beginning 1st so that week I have £25.29 left for shopping and the next week which is the week before we go away I have £26.44 after deducting the items I spent last week on going away. I think that is right now.
    Tomorrow the loan updates, so that will be nice to update totals. The mortgage also goes out but the interest doesn't add back on until later in the month so that is when I will update that.
    Tea tonight was spicy chicken and salad wraps and chips for DH, I had beans on toast. Didn't go shopping today for holiday things as planned as I still didn't feel well. Maybe tomorrow I will feel ok.
    Tomorrow DH will have the rest for dinner and tea is a chicken cooked dinner with all the trimmings and the family are coming over :). I am going to clean and do some washing but it's pretty much up to date as it is normally just me and DH.
    Almost time for a cuppa and my nightly chocolate oatie :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Enjoy family time and I hope you feel better soon.
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Well i've woken up with a smile on my face :)
    I am not sure why but I keep catching myself smiling :)
    Maybe it's because I get to cook a big cooked dinner for the family? I love doing that.
    Or maybe because I actually feel better, yay!!!!! :)
    It's a very foggy morning here today, slight chill to the air, but I suspect it will lift soon. I am going to blitz the house, well that's what my mind says, my body may have different ideas. I need to make blackberry jam and hope it sets. Do some de-cluttering. Horses were out over night again so that's great for them and fab for us no mucking out or paying for straw etc.
    Oh it's so nice to feel a bit more energetic and motivated :)
    DH and DS are outside working and the collies are running back and for enjoying the cooler weather. One in particular is very loyal to me and will come and have a fuss at various times in the day, he's lush :) The other is younger and very busy but still loves a fuss and is soooo gorgeous.
    The sun is breaking through as I type, it's very beautiful, a morning to be thankful for :)
    I don't think the loan will update today as it is bank holiday and the direct debit hasn't gone out, maybe tomorrow.
    I have a range of 'accounts' setup in my microsoft money app all just waiting to be used. I have emergency this and that but they are all empty. At the moment I have to concentrate on keeping the 'checking' account stable, in overdraft but stable and focusing on my shopping budget.
    DS and his fiance are going on holiday this week so have dropped off milk and rolls to us this morning as they won't use them. That's exciting! So I don't have to buy milk and maybe, just maybe I can get away with buying some until the weekend. I know I can't but I can hope. The weekly shopping is feeling better than the monthly now, especially as I hadn't noticed how many top up shops I was doing, now I am in agony if I have to go to the shops. Weekly will allow me to stay within my budget more I think, although I will have to rethink the budget as the freezer becomes emptied as at the moment I have most of the weeks main meals for a few weeks in advance.
    Will check the greenhouse later to see how the tomatoes are doing, I have a few lovely fuschias on the grow, given to us as cuttings about 2 months ago, they are the big bush type so will be a good feature in the garden and fill some gaps. We also have a large amount of cherry laurel growing, they were baby plants under the main bush we have which we potted up and have grown on, we want to make a hedge down one side of the garden, not where the horses can access though as the plants are poisonous to horses. I also need to plant up some strawberry runners which are going mad at the moment :)
    I slept really well last night that might be helping my mood, who knows :)
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • savingholmes
    Options
    Lovely to read you are feeling so chirpy today. Enjoy your day
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Thanks Savinghomes :)
    Well washing is out, two loads, and living room curtains are also on the line.
    Horses are in as it is just too hot and the flies are being a pain.
    Watered runner beans ready for this afternoon, I am hoping they will have their maximum growth for today then.
    Been on crosstrainer for 10 minutes, played 'The Eagles' always good :)
    Currently making jam, heating it waiting for the set........here we go again.....
    Everyone been in, had coffee and gone back out.
    Upstairs cleaned, bathrooms bleached etc.
    Starting on downstairs shortly, although have been de-cluttering all morning :)
    The weather is now absolutely beautiful :)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Well busy today or what??
    Living room curtains now dry and hung back up.
    Have made a victoria sandwich cake with butter icing and homemade blackcurrant jam, 24 rock cakes with white chocolate chips which I had bought when I thought I was rich (tut tut) and have made a cooked dinner with chicken, mash, roast potatoes, parsnips, yorkshire pudddings, sprouts, runner beans (from garden :) stuffing and sausages wrapped in bacon. ....DD just arriving, back later :)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Well that was a lovely day :)
    Put DS's fiances rolls into the freezer as we didn't need them today, and she has asked me if I want her eggs as well, yes I do! :)
    DD and her fiance have just gone home as well, and there are only two pieces of victoria sandwich left :)
    Although when DH went to get a piece of bread to give our older horse his medicene in he found the stuffing which I had hidden earlier from the flies, I forgot to put it on the dinners, trust me! Tomorrow I am going to cut it in half and put it in the freezer in smaller sections for next time. I made too much food as usual but instead of just putting on everyone's plates, I put another plate up for DH for tea tomorrow, so he has cooked dinner two days running, I don't think he will mind :) Both DS and DD and my Mum took cake and also rock cakes home with them, I love that!
    I am going to see how many eggs DS's fiance sends over tomorrow and will then decide what to do with them, maybe more cakes for the freezer. I was going to make a sponge pudding for afters with custard but they only wanted the cakes, so that's one box of custard left over for another day, but I have used some icing sugar....swings and roundabouts that one.
    I think by the weekend I may have some red tomatoes, they are definitely orangey today, not all of them in fact only about 5 or 6 of them but at least that is something. There will also be another lot of runner beans by the weekend, probably will go in the freezer. You bet by the time we go on holiday they will all be ready! I also need to have a look at the jam and see if it set, will do that tomorrow.
    I have also washed the rug from the spare bedroom which is still wet even though it has been hanging over the gate all day, i've brought it inside to dry over night. We have left the horses out as they have been in all day, it is giving a little bit of rain early hours, but hopefully that will be it.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Morning :)
    The loan has updated today which is good news, it is now 10554.60 going down slowly but surely :)
    Mortgage has been paid but wont update with interest until later on next month, can't decide whether I want to update when we pay it or when interest updates.....
    DS's fiance has sent over 7 eggs so that's great news, will have to decide what to do with them.
    The last batch of jam has set yay! :) I am debating whether to tip the runny stuff back into a bowl, reheat again and add pectin, it is ok it is all sealed up, or whether to just chuck it..........DH thinks chuck it as he said in the grand scheme of things not to worry it is only a 50p bag of sugar.......I know but still.............I'm not sure :(
    It's cooler here today which is ok, i've got to sew DS's suitcase as it ripped on his last holiday, I will do that later today. DH and DS have gone out this morning they will be back around lunchtime, so I am on my own until then, well I have the doggos :)
    Washing is in the machine, hardly anything but if I don't do it daily, it mounts up and then I have loads.
    Upstairs is tidy I have put all yesterdays washing away. Dishwasher is filled not enough to run it yet. Will go and water the plants in a bit and check my 'orangy' tomatoes :)
    Tea for DH is his cooked dinner and maybe wraps for dinner with Sundays spicy chicken which is in the fridge. DS wont like that though so maybe a quick pizza.
    I am becoming very irritated with not seeing the debt go down quicker, I want to attack it, I want to see results, everything feels stagnant, which I suppose it is at the moment. On a good note though it is not getting any worse :)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Raining here today and quite dark. Horses out older boy has his rug on. Collies running around they don't care that it's raining as long as we are outside, when we come in then they come in wet and mucky lol :)
    Rushed off our feet yesterday DH didn't finish work until 10.10pm. Went shopping at tea time and then quickly cracked back on when we got back. We had McDonalds on route, and to be honest it was disgusting, tasted of cardboard and oil, well oil was probably tastier, wont be doing that in a hurry again. Total cost of £11.58 not worth it at all :(
    On a good note, the cooked dinner in the fridge will be ok for tonight for DH.
    I have a sore throat and don't know why, I've had it about a week now, I very rarely have a sore throat so will have to see........probably run down from all the stress about money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure