Digging my way out

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeMonkey
    Options
    Hope you've had/are having a wonderful holiday :)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Doing_it_my_way Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 September 2019 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Home from a lovely holiday :) Thank you Alicia :)
    Only spent half our euros as we were being tight lol, well they are there for next time so that's one fund that is already sorted.
    Have been shopping today and spent £23.24 in Aldi and £8.45 in Iceland. Shouldn't need anything extra for at least a week, famous last words.
    Bought two packs of rolls which will go in the freezer in individual bags tomorrow.
    Tomatoes have grown and are turning red now so we had some for tea and there is a tub full in the fridge, if they start to ripen faster than we can eat them I will make some soup or pasta sauces and freeze.
    Runner beans have produced 3 meals worth while we were away and my Mum has prepared them and put them in the freezer - thank you! There is another load ready for picking tomorrow which will also go in the freezer.
    Meal plan is already prepared until the end of September and the food has already been bought.
    Tomorrow I need to make some homemade rolls, bread and biscuits if I have time.
    4 loads of washing done today, and dried, one washed ready for tomorrow and one left to wash, then holiday washing is finished and the cases are unpacked.
    Looked through paperwork today for DH and it seems that these new agreements will go ahead shortly so that's good news for us.
    I've also put on 3lb while away, but have gone straight back on my SW diet today, need to lose about half a stone and that will be ok.
    Horses are all out tonight but they are all rugged now it is chilly here overnight and they have hay in the field as well.
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Quite a busy day here today. Sunny and warm until this evening when it turned cold quickly, but beautiful evening with a lovely sunset.
    Horses are all in the field again tonight, rugged up and have hay to eat. I enjoyed helping DH this evening and actually managed to put two rugs on without hurting, so that's fab news for me :)
    Have had about a third of a carrier bag of runner beans today and have washed them and sliced them and they are in the freezer, also about another 10 tomatoes, have eaten some for tea and have given DD and DSF some.
    Slept much better last night and woke at the right time this morning clearly a week of a different time zone is wearing off. DH removed a very large 8 legged thing this morning which was by the staircase at breakfast time, ewwwwwww.
    Have finished all the holiday washing and have emptied and washed the washing left from before we went away, I have now run out of softener though so need to get some tomorrow. Will have to put all the washing away tomorrow.
    Put all the wholemeal rolls into the freezer although ended up getting 4 back out because DS noticed them on the unit and at dinner time fancied those rolls he had seen earlier!!!
    Have cleaned all downstairs today and de-cluttered so it feels quite nice tonight.
    I didn't make bread, biscuits or rolls so will have to do that tomorrow.
    Have got a notebook which I found in the house so didn't need to buy it and am writing down each job I see that needs doing but can't do at that moment in time, just so I don't forget, somethings are huge like repairing the roof and some are little like cleaning out a draw, but I can tick them off one by one.
    Checked all the accounts tonight, and the mortgage, loan and credit card have all updated so I have updated the new totals of what is owed. It's great to see it moving down even though it is only at a small crawl.
    My strawberry plants have put out runners recently and they have rooted down into the nearest plant pot, so I have moved them now into their own pots and have a grand total of about 7 plants :) not bad from 2. There are still lots of runner beans growing but I don't think they will be ready for a few days yet. The bees are still out and about so i've left the flowers that are nearly over until the bees stop coming.
    Toad in the hole and mash for tea tomorrow for DH and some artic roll which he fancied but hasn't had since he was little, found some in Iceland yesterday.
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Another beautiful day, horses have enjoyed their day in the field. Have been down with DH tonight and rugged them and given them hay, enjoyed a little fuss as well, love them so much <3
    Busy day babysitting all the canine babies, all gone home now though so much quieter.
    Have stuck to the SW plan again today and DH is considering joining in as well.....
    Made toad in the hole for DH for tea and had more batter than I needed so made some individual Yorkshire puds to go in the freezer, but they didn't get that far, DD and our older puppy well she is 15 lol, ate them!! Never mind waste not want not :) At 15 years old you can have what you want :) In canine years that is 105 years old.
    Lots of tomatoes ripening now but tending to fall off the vine before I can pick them, I think I have too many now to eat so need to decide what to make with them. Runner beans will be ready in a few days time and that might be it.
    Didn't go shopping today decided to do two washes without softener, not my thing but to be honest they came out ok, but I am going to get some it is not something I would go without regularly.
    No change to money situation today and havn't heard from PPi claim or Packaged account claim.
    I did ring a credit card company though and ask them to transfer the £53.65 the card was in credit for into our bank account. I don't know what to do with it, I know it is only a small amount but I always feel like I have no money, no money for food shopping, no money in my purse, no money for treats, just plain old no money. Do I pay it off the other credit card as I didn't have it in the first place, or do I put it into an emergency fund to start that off? I don't know..................
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day for me. I don't much like going out on my own and tend to just hang around the house. After I cut the grass - no mean feat! - I decided I would take the car and go to into town on my own. I only went to two shops but I did it! I can't say I was thinking straight when I was there and it did all pass in a bit of a blur but I went, and I actually enjoyed it! I am going to try and do it more often as the new me, along with dressing better and putting on make-up and perfume each day.
    It feels good to do some nice things for me.
    This morning I have made some soup, basically anything from the freezer, so broccolli, cauliflour, carots, sweet potatoes, potatoes, green beans, mushrooms, onions and a stock cube. I am going to blend it and freeze it, it fills me up at dinner time and it is yummy :)
    Diet is going well I have now lost all bar 1lb of my holiday gain but will weigh in officially tomorrow.
    Going out with DH today, we have been looking forward to it for weeks on end, only to the local sea-side for a cup of tea on the harbour and a little walk around, but some me and him time lovely :)
    Tomatoes are coming fast and furious and I can't give them away lol!
    I need to get out of the habit of feeling guilty for not giving more expensive or a higher quantity of gifts when I visit people, or birthdays, Christmas etc., note to myself, it is ok to take homemade cakes as a gift, if they are not appreciated that is not my problem!!! I can't afford it and using my credit card doesn't make it ok.
  • DebtFreeMonkey
    Options
    Here, here. If anything, at least for me, I'd appreciate a cheaper gift that took time and energy and thought over wasting money, particularly if people can't afford it. If your gifts aren't appreciated, it's on them and not you. Having said that, who doesn't love cake? ;)
  • Dottles1
    Options
    Me too. I'd love it if somebody brought a gift of cake or hm jam or chutney. In fact one friend does, and veg from her husbands allotment too - lovely.
    CC1 Aug19 [STRIKE]£7587.85[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC2 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£1185.58[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    CC3 Aug 19 [STRIKE]£544.95[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
    O/D Aug [STRIKE]£20[/STRIKE] Sept [STRIKE] £100[/STRIKE] Oct £0
    CC4 Aug 2020 £0
    Total debt Aug 2019[STRIKE]£9318.38[/STRIKE] Aug 20 £0
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Me too. I would hate to think that somebody was spending money on me that they couldn't really afford. And it really is the thought that counts. I would appreciate any kind of food that someone had taken the trouble to make.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Awwwww thank you everyone and thank you for stopping by a pleasure to meet you :)
    I've been thinking about the homemade cake as gift idea and I think that is how I feel about a lot in my life. I feel bad and don't say much for fear of offending people when actually it is their problem if they are offended, I don't say anything nasty or mean it's not like I am a mean old *** lol! but I do panic I might have offended people when I am just conversing normally, it's irrational I know, but thinking about it in the same way as the cakes I need to start thinking differently, accept me or .......don't bother with me I suppose lol! :)
    Anyway................loads of runner beans today, and unless we have some more warm weather I think the little ones left on the stalks are not going to grow, tomatoes are still going well and I have a bowl full that I haven't done anything with, tomorrow is another day.
    Really enjoyed my walk with DH yesterday, we had a cuppa on the harbour and then went to the next village for a walk and a kebab, completely ruined my diet!! So came home and ate a muffin and 6 chocolate biscuits! I am not posting about this on the slimming world thread!! ;););)
    I've only got £7.85 left from my shopping budget for the month and I need a few things that are necessities, like toilet roll, vinegar, eggs and cheese, butter and then I need dishwasher tablets. I just don't think £7.85 is going to do it!! So time for some sensible thinking, a) watching the budget has meant that I am only going to go over by a few pound and not tens of pounds b) I've done fab! c) I am going to try and keep it under £7.85 by buying smaller packs might be more expensive in the long run but I think I will feel better the closer I am to the budget.
    I think I am going to put the credit balance from the credit card (when it comes) into my emergency funds to start them off.
    Horses are all in tonight with rugs on, DH and I spent an hour today putting away straw, it's too heavy to lift or push so we have to cut the strings and then bit by bit carry it into the straw bay an stack it. We've also planted 10 conifers which were a gift for DH for his birthday. I've also been doing some sewing for DS which was good fun today :)
    Cooked dinner tonight for DH and a bake potato, runner beans and chicken for me :)
    Currently watching the Singapore Grand Prix with a cuppa and a chocolate biscuit, happy days :)
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    Currently sat cuddling baby pooch :)
    Raining heavy outside, horses out but rugged, two stables mucked out, fresh straw and hay and the other two are mucked out but needing hay and straw I will go down later.
    Slow cooker has mince, onion and seasoning with some gravy and cornflour in, cooking the mix for mince beef pies, will do pastry later and DH can have one with chips and peas for tea.
    The freezer is beginning to have room in each drawer which is good news, and nothing in there is going to go to waste, at least I hope as I am keeping on top of it.
    Washed the cushion covers and throws from the living room this morning, all dry and back on now.
    Washed some skirting boards and the floors downstairs.
    This afternoon I am planning to clean inside the living room radiator, make pastry for the pie/s, finish the two stables, water my beans as the rain doesn't get to them, probably finish hoovering and then sit down and watch some telly, hopefully a nice murder mystery :)
    Very tired this morning didn't wake up my usual time and DH came to wake me at 8am, must have been very tired to lie in, still feeling shattered as the day goes on, so a nice rest this evening will be lovely.
    DH has decided to change our car, we only bought it last year and it was one he wanted for a long time, but it is not a comfortable driving position for him so he is going to look for a different one, that is fine by me as he is not expecting to use any money just a basic swop. I quite like the one he has now it is fine for me but then I am about a ft shorter lol :)
    Have checked the weather and it seems summer is well and truly over, we have rain forecast for the next week!! and a storm overnight tonight.
    I can't say I have been perfect on my diet today................it's just that I am craving badly at the moment :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure