SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    Options
    manorhouse wrote: »
    and once they have finished their assessment and get into the distribution process, they are entitled to take their costs of dealing with and distributing the client assets and pool of cash, out of the client assets and pool of cash.

We know with Beaufort they just paid the the administrates directly and negotiated a discount by doing so why do you think they will not do the same here ?
    Do you know the company has enough money to pay the administrators directly? The administrators put the rules in the FAQ, to help customers understand what could occur.
    Posted at 8.32 PM UK time....showing as 7.31 PM.
    Showing as 8.31 PM for me.

I don't control your computer or phone's region settings or timezone, or your web browser, or what you have set in the settings menu within your forum account control panel, but I did post a link to the control panel in a previous post, in response to your earlier question about it. Post #473 in response to your post #472.
  • englishmas
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion, I will write to the FOS investigator again.
  • manorhouse
    Options
    Showing as 8:31 for me. There is a problem with the time zone settings on your forum profile or your computer/device.
    On a public computer settings fine.. maybe the forum profile your post masonic shows on my screen as 7.50 pm did you post @ 8.50 pm

Do you know the company has enough money to pay the administrators directly? The administrators put the rules in the FAQ, to help customers understand what could occur.

Beaufort had no money to pay anyone , its known the FSCS paid the bill .
  • manorhouse
    Options
    I have a couple of corporate actions going on i notice Charles Taylor & QFI.
    First an offer so might be ok .
    Second an OO. ques i can not take part ?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,285 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    manorhouse wrote: »
    maybe the forum profile your post masonic shows on my screen as 7.50 pm did you post @ 8.50 pm
    Yes, I posted at 8:50 pm. These are the settings you need:
    5rzXQJ8.png

If you have further problems, start a thread in Techie stuff so this thread can be kept to discussion in relation to SVS.
  • manorhouse
    Options
    Yes thanks for confirming masonic.
    i was just pointing it out as others will see same, it does not bother me enough to change it.
  • englishmas
    Options
    Yes I have also received the same e mail, the attached letter also says that there will be clients -creditors meeting on the 10th October
  • manorhouse
    Options
    Did anyone hold Thomas Cook shares with them.
    Wonder if you could claim for not being able to dump last week .
    Or since August .
  • My2penneth
    Options
    https://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/news/over-100-predators-circle-failed-wealth-firms-assets/a1268361

Looks like we wont see our assets until Q1 2020

"However, it said that ‘further processes’ would need to be effected before such a transfer or a separate pay out could take place, including a formal bar date and distribution plan.

That would require court approval, which they aim to obtain in the first quarter of 2020."
  • wallric
    Options
    This info is also in the email....

The Joint Special Administrators will be distributing client statements by email later this week. The statements will be sent from the email address noreply@svssecurities.com. A notice will be placed on the dedicated website (detailed above) advising clients that statements have been issued from this email address.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback