Claims Solution Group

Options
Any feedback on these regarding the termination of timeshare and compensation?

Comments

• Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They used to be known as Timeshare Claims Solutions Ltd, changing their name last year. The Timeshare Association website reports links to a fraud involving Eze Group with criminal proceedings for fraud involved, so perhaps best to steer clear.

In all events, never pay a penny to any company which claims to be able to 'get rid' of your timeshare, the Claims Solution website is careful not to suggest that what they offer is a pay on results option, so I suspect they want cash upfront. Don't throw good money after bad might be a good motto to remember here
  • Bobbymax
    Bobbymax Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Alan, I did read that one of their directors was involved in the Eze Group fiasco and that prompted to start the thread. As you say, they probably need a wide berth.
  • IamMickG
    Options
    I had a Zoom meeting with someone from the Claims Solution Group who want £3,800 + VAT  They sounded very professional but the only testimonials I could find on the internet was on thier own website so who knows who wrote these.  I am yet to find anyone who has been successfrol with this company.  Any further advice or information would be most welcome
  • Bobbymax
    Bobbymax Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IamMickG said:
    I had a Zoom meeting with someone from the Claims Solution Group who want £3,800 + VAT  They sounded very professional but the only testimonials I could find on the internet was on thier own website so who knows who wrote these.  I am yet to find anyone who has been successfrol with this company.  Any further advice or information would be most welcome
    More than four and a half grand to get you out of a contract! I think I'd be telling them where to go!
  • candjhall
    Options
    Sorry, this is a long message but would like your thoughts/advice on a cold call by Meridian Litigation Advisors, Tenerife who claim our relinquishment of Diamond Resorts points is not in fact legal. They claim our membership has only been suspended and not cancelled. and they will provide a legal document for this relinquishment at the same time as getting us compensation for mis sold timeshare in the first place. This will be done by U.K. company Claims Solution Group, Aberfeldy for a fee, of course, which will be added onto the compensation for mid-selling they’re certain of winning. We’re very wary of such cold calls and our gut instinct is to walk away, do you agree. 
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    candjhall said:
    Sorry, this is a long message but would like your thoughts/advice on a cold call by Meridian Litigation Advisors, Tenerife who claim our relinquishment of Diamond Resorts points is not in fact legal. They claim our membership has only been suspended and not cancelled. and they will provide a legal document for this relinquishment at the same time as getting us compensation for mis sold timeshare in the first place. This will be done by U.K. company Claims Solution Group, Aberfeldy for a fee, of course, which will be added onto the compensation for mid-selling they’re certain of winning. We’re very wary of such cold calls and our gut instinct is to walk away, do you agree. 
    Do not walk away -RUN AWAY ,as has been said on here many times if a company wants money up front it is normally a scam, if they are genuine they will not charge and take their fees from the compensation they promise you will receive
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • candjhall
    Options
    Thanks, yes we’ve taken to the hills and resolutely said ‘no’. 
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    As Ganga says, don't walk away - RUN.  That advice holds good for any cold calls.
  • pjuggins
    Options
    I must say that I'm not usually one for posting on forum's however after reading these comments I feel obliged to defend Claims Solution Group after all they did for me. I purchased 1 week of timeshare in Malta 6 years ago and was talked into taking out a loan for £16,500 through Barclay's to pay for it. I wasn't made aware at the time that this would cost me £1,920 per year for 15 years, plus £700 a year in maintenance! Once I realised the full extent of what I'd done I panicked and have been trying to get out ever since. I got duped by one company so when I was contacted by Maridian in Tenerife I was very skeptical but after listening to what they had to say and reading through the contracts first, seeing the guarantee put in place I decided to move forward then I was passed to Claims Solution Group in Scotland. They were extremely thorough and put my mind at ease. 5 months later I received a letter from Barclays informing me that the outstanding balance of my loan (Over £13,000) was being written off and this month I received confirmation that I am finally free from my timeshare contract with Azure, thank god! This is why I have nothing but good things to say about Claims Solution Group and everyone else involved as they have relieved me of a huge financial burden. Now I'm just waiting to see if they can get the money I spent with Azure back but even if I don't it was well worth paying what I did to get out of that contract and the Barclays loan attached to it so thank you.
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pjuggins, by the sound of it they simply made a  section 75 claim against the bank alleging miss-selling, something you can do with a simple letter at no cost at all. You did get out of it but at what cost?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback