IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

FISTRAL BEACH, Newquay, Inital Parking.. please help!!

edited 19 July 2019 at 4:07PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
185 replies 7.1K views
MinnieSox9MinnieSox9 Forumite
75 Posts
edited 19 July 2019 at 4:07PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi,
Sorry if this isn’t clear! New to all this! I have just found this forum. 2 tickets for Fistral beach have been recieved for the same day, the morning 'the driver' remembers driving into the car park, checking the waves online, decided to leave to go to the town..and then leaving the car park, the ticket states 28 minutes.

Then the driver returned that evening for dinner, however was pretty sure it’s free parking from 4pm.

I see people have stating about using a basic appeal note but I’m not sure where to find this? Please could someone link me to this ? ( have now found this thank you)

Also does anyone had any pics of the signs please?

Thanks!!

2 notices for total of total of £200 or £120 if paid by next week.

Date of notice is 16th July
Date of contravention 3rd July

Received this post - 18th July

The driver paid and parked here for 2 others days in this week, so it’s not like this was done purposely and wasn’t paying. There is parking and payment proof of the other two days.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, never had a ticket before.. bit worried !!
Please help!!

Replies

• edited 19 July 2019 at 2:31PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2019 at 2:31PM
    Edit your post to remove information about who did what! Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, who are two different people. ;) One has protections in law (The Keeper) that the other (The Driver) does not.

Do this now before you do anything else!

The appeal template you refer to is in blue text in post 1 of the NEWBIES.

The NEWBIES is just underneath where you clicked on the newthread.gif button, and asks you to read it first before starting a thread.

It is imperative that the driver's identity is never revealed as the NTK has failed to meet the strict requirements of the PoFA and has been received too late for the keeper to be liable.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appeal is written in BLUE text in NEWBIE thread post # 1.
  • Thank you for that... what does NTK and POFA mean? Sorry for the essay! Just was super worried etc about these two parking tickets and it’s a lot of money. If I’m honest I can’t even remember who was driving because me and my partner shared the driving during the week, and don’t think can tell in the pictures
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    28.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for that... what does NTK and POFA mean?

Read the NEWBIES thread. Commonly used abbreviations are spelt out in post #5.
  • 'It is imperative that the driver's identity is never revealed as the NTK has failed to meet the strict requirements of the PoFA and has been received too late for the keeper to be liable.' Fruit cake i am slightly confused as to what this means? i have managed to find the template under newbies however!

'at the bottom of the NTK it mentions about me being notified under paragraph 9(2((b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay the parking charge' what strict requirements have they failed?

Im a tad stressed and this is all a lot to understand and for me to take in! and worried about the days counting down
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You still need to edit your initial post!

Referring to "driver or keeper" doesn't make sense. The Driver parked and paid, The Keeper got an NTK, etcetera.
    The Keeper may have been an occupant of the car, or may not have been there at all.

The word "I" should not be used when the expression "The Driver" is used.
  • edited 19 July 2019 at 3:57PM
    52.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2019 at 3:57PM
    'It is imperative that the driver's identity is never revealed as the NTK has failed to meet the strict requirements of the PoFA and has been received too late for the keeper to be liable.' Fruit cake i am slightly confused as to what this means? i have managed to find the template under newbies however!

'at the bottom of the NTK it mentions about me being notified under paragraph 9(2((b) of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay the parking charge' what strict requirements have they failed?

Im a tad stressed and this is all a lot to understand and for me to take in! and worried about the days counting down

Slow down and take your time, but make sure you edit your initial post to remove anything that could identify The Driver.
    You have nearly four weeks before you need to submit your initial appeal but there is no need to leave it to the last minute unless a NTD was left on the car, but I don't believe this to be the case.

Read the NEWBIES. Several brews and biccies will be needed.
    Print off or write out the acronyms for reference.

Read the PoFA. A link is provided in the NEWBIES.
    The NTK received by The Keeper has failed to meet the strict requirements of the PoFA because it arrived too late to transfer liability. Consequently The Keeper cannot be held liable.
    You could very carefully add a one liner to that effect when you send the appeal template from the NEWBIES, but make absolutely sure you do not reveal the driver's identity. Not even on here as the scammers monitor this forum.
  • hope my edited post is better now. thank you
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Read NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST, first (before posting).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 19 July 2019 at 4:04PM
    52.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 July 2019 at 4:04PM
    hope my edited post is better now. thank you

Yes, that's better.

Please confirm that both PCNs are for alleged events on the same day, and that both NTKs had the same date and both arrived at The Keeper's home on the same day.
    Please also confirm there was no NTD in either case.

Two PCNs will need to be appealed separately. Take screenshots before hitting submit, and triple check that Driver is not selected in the online appeal before you do that. Scammers will set Driver as the default, and even if you select Keeper, it will default back to driver if you then click elsewhere on the page.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides